My character changed from female to male when trying to join a random online game, and it's stuck that way when I reload the save.

My character changed from female to male when trying to join a random online game, and it's stuck that way when I reload the save. I'm wary of possibly having to start all over, but the real thing I'm wary about is: If I do agree to start all over, what's to stop this from simply happening again, making this game unplayable? Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I don't know any specific workarounds for this issue. I suggest you to use an external device like a USB stick to store regular backups of your saved games. That way whenever an issue arises you can simply use your backup.

Storing backups of these games do not work you have to fully move the save state on any game I have come across including this. However a possible workaround is dual play with a person with the correct gender in question play awhile may switch back. Noting Co-Op mode is quite buggy - Your dog may turn into other users dog even without that dlc - Their dog may stay in your world after you leave and stuff (doesn't do anything and their dog still stays in their world - also do remember if you start a new game - you still keep this old save - it saves it to a new game slot.  

Please also note that you cannot expect changes just hanging out in a players game via co-op - these events take place during fast-travel on co-op mode or entering new locations - so pay very close to appearance when entering a different region