My BF3 Beta Review.

I'm aware this is a beta, so I'm going to REVIEW it as a beta.

Graphics: 3.75/5 There's really nothing at all special about this game graphically - the environments are average. The character models are average. The explosions and smoke are below average. I expect the disc on the 25th to look at least a little bit better than this.

Sound: 4.5/5 A lot of people are flipping out about the sound, and I do agree that it's actually really good - even without a headset or surround sound, this game is much, much better than any Call of Duty.

Fun: 3.25/5 Based on this beta, I'm not sure who'd buy this game. It's so full of glitches, after a single 8 minute match, I experienced two. (Randomly got an ACOG on one of my guns, and one time when I spawned there was a piece of scrap metal on my gun for some reason, blocking my view.) Although it's not the game's fault, I also adore having team mates that don't even attempt to do the objective, and when the defenders run all the way across the map to camp the attackers as they spawn. Sorry, not a big fan of that. DICE and EA promised a lot with Battlefield 3. Fans can only hope that this beta is virtually no representation of the final product - but if it's not, why bother releasing a beta that has so few similarities to the game being released October 25th?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

In the end, this beta is going to hurt the game more than it helps. I have little doubt about what the finished product is going to look and play like, but giving everyone access to play a half-@ssed beta was a bad idea imo.

spawnkilling happens in every shooter.. every single one of them... thats more of a skill thing rather than the games fault... i camp the attackers spawns, but i watched my friends try over and over to get there without being killed and they could not..

the Acog thing is a glitch.. thats what the beta is here for!

QFT

it's funny - on these forums it's mostly complaints, but on the PS3 forums it's all joy. I love my Xbox but: 1 disc, early DLC, better graphics, sound, performance...it's not hard. Still tempted to build a pc rig though for the full 64 player beastyness of CQ

meh... i'm having fun with it for what it is.

I'm thinking of doing the same, I'm getting about $4,000 back from a car accident and thinking about taking $2,000 of it and building a badass pc that will punch babies to the moon.

The only problem I have is joining other peoples game, but other then that Im having fun.

i thought it was crap, it reminded me of a grander scaled homefront, poor graphics, poor HUD poor load-outs....i was most tired of being shot, without knowing which direction the bullets were coming from....i was looking forward to a COD replacement, but after the beta, im canceling my pre-order and paying off halo CE anniversary.

[quote user="BOO BEE LUVER"]

i thought it was crap, it reminded me of a grander scaled homefront, poor graphics, poor HUD poor load-outs....i was most tired of being shot, without knowing which direction the bullets were coming from....i was looking forward to a COD replacement, but after the beta, im canceling my pre-order and paying off halo CE anniversary.

[/quote]

Thanks you!

Won't miss you on the Battlefield!

[quote user="ComedyInK"]

[quote user="BOO BEE LUVER"]

[/quote]

Thanks you!

Won't miss you on the Battlefield!

[/quote]this.

"and nothing of value was lost..."