My Banjo Kazooie game save file was erased?

Yesterday I purchased Banjo Kazooie off of Xbox Live.I played for a bit,made it to level three,but then I had to get to bed so I exited the game and shut everything down.Well,I start the game up today and I find that NONE of my data has been saved.All three potential game save slots are empty.It's not as bad as it could be,I mean,I had only gotten to level three and I only had two or three achievements unlocked,I can get back to that point pretty easily.I just want someone to tell me how I can play this game and save my data without having to worry about it erasing itself again.Can anyone give me some advice about this?

Also,for the record,I didn't use any of the Sand Castle Cheats.A friend told me using two or more of those could erase your save file and thought that could have been the problem,but I didn't use any of those.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 131 Applies to:

I'm not sure if the game has an auto-save feature, but if not are you sure you saved? Check your memory card / hard drive to see if there's even a save there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It does have auto-save.It doesn't feature any other way to save,which prompted me to search to see if that was normal,and several reviews for the game state that it is auto-save only.During play a little black bar with the word 'saving' does occasionally pop up,so the auto-save was working.Also,before I turned the console off I checked to make sure it had saved everything,and it had.Everything looked fine until I turned the console back on tonight and my save file was missing.

Sorry this didn't help.

To be sure, have you checked for any save files in the 'Memory' section of 'System Settings' in the dashboard? They would be listed under that game title in 'Games.'

Sorry this didn't help.