My 360 Slim hates ODST apparently...

So, I just recently upgraded from a 360 Elite to a brand spankin' new Xbox 360 Slim console. Everything was going perfectly fine until earlier today, when I tried to play some Halo with a few of my buddies. When I put the multiplayer disc for ODST into my Slim, it made the most annoying buzzing sound I had ever heard. I'm not talking just a loud hum.. This thing was obnoxiously loud. So I figure "Oh, well it must be the disc because I was just playing Red Faction and it sounded fine." So I round up another copy of ODST (I have 3 copies, for system link purposes.) and tried it in the console. Same thing. A horrendous buzzing from the disc drive. Now I'm getting a bit annoyed, because I had JUST gotten this thing and I'm thinking the drive is already busted. The game loads up fine, it's just the sound from what I can tell so far. I tried a few random games other than ODST in the Slim just to make sure it's not my drive. It was quiet a mouse. wtf?

So here's my situation: All 3 of my ODST multiplayer discs make a buzzing sound in my Slim (and the Slim ONLY I might add. I tried them in my Elite and Pro and they sounded fine.) BUT none of the 70+ other games in my collection have any adverse affects on the sound of my new console.

QUESTION: Has anybody else had this kind of trouble in relation to the 360 Slim, and the ODST multiplayer disc, and if so, what kind of action did you take to fix it? You tell me what's up, cause I'm at a loss.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Have you tried installing the game to your HDD? You can do this by pressing Y while the game is selected on the dashboard, then hitting Install to Hard Drive.

Once it has installed, launch the game again and see if it continues to make that buzzing noise.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.