My 360 scratched Black Ops, but only slightly and only 2 maps don't work.

yea, i wasn't even moving or do anything with the console, and suddenly when i was about to play a game of firing range i got the disc read/clean error.

to my horror, i open the tray and see that the console ringed my game. i've seen people ring games by moving or knocking over the console in the past, but i've never seen it ring a game unprovoked.

anyway, after some time wondering if i could exchange the game or something to that extent, i fired it back up and began testing. the ONLY 2 maps that fail to load are firing range (error screen comes up) and launch (game freezes instantly, no error screen).

I was wondering if there is any alternative solution, say, maybe downloading the original maps straight to the hd (is that even possible?) or something else that i wouldn't think of but maybe someone else who has had a similar problem has used.

the scratch is relatively faint, and i even buffed it out slightly with toothpaste. i'm kind of convinced that the only 2 problems as a result of this are these 2 maps, as everything else works properly.

any help? thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Take your disc to your game shop and get it cleaned or get a replacement disc

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have a friend with the game? If so, ask them if you can borrow their disk to install the game to your console then you can use your game disk to launch the game without problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

See if you cant install the game to your harddrive, i had to do this with COD 4 (was getting errors on certain maps also) and it worked wonderful after installed.

If not and you have a friend who has the game unscratched use his to install to your HDD and put your game in because it only has to read the security on the disc.

Sorry this didn't help.