my 12 month old xbox

hello guys have you any idea if i can get a new xbox pad from microsoft if i had my xbox since last christmas and my LB button has started not to work sometimes. will microsoft send me a new one because its the only one i got and love mw3 and now can't throw flash granades etc? :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How long was your warranty? If it was only a year, then you won't get a replacement for free. You can buy replacement pads from all good video game stockists.

While the 360 controllers are great from an ergonomic standpoint... Functionally they blow chunks. Just be thankful you've got a working d-pad. At least I'm assuming you do since you didn't mention anything about it.

Microsoft replaced mine under warranty, but my xbox was only a few months old at the time. I got one of the newer S 360s in black. The controller was black to match. However, the one they sent back to me was an ugly flat green color. :(

The same thing happened to me. The LB button started sticking and was no longer functional. The thought of "maybe I can get one for free" never even entered my mind, though. I went out and bought a new one.

If your warranty is over, you could always open it and clean it.  That's most likely what the problem is.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

The same thing happened to me. The LB button started sticking and was no longer functional. The thought of "maybe I can get one for free" never even entered my mind, though. I went out and bought a new one.

[/quote]

I agree with this. Controllers wear out like brake pads on a car. Either try to fix it or just get a new one yourself.

Is this Thread for real?  Last I checked / heard, "controllers" weren't covered by warranty... correct me if I'm wrong.  Sheesh, if you really need a functional 360 gamepad OP, I'll send you one myself, since I own at least 10 of these things.

Otherwise, go purchase a new one, since they're not too expensive.  If you have the money ($300 bucks) to fork over on a console, then you should be able to afford a simple (extra) peripheral.  If not, then you should find a new hobby ASAP.

I've never had any problems with my wireless Xbox controllers *shrugs*

-

They're quite cheap nowadays OP it might be easier to buy a new one

"While the 360 controllers are great from an ergonomic standpoint... Functionally they blow chunks".

Are you serious? I have five controllers from midnight, release day that still work perfectly, aside from the fact that they have loose sticks. I have another that I drove almost to the point of breaking across several years of intense Halo, but that's major overuse.

Other than those, I have two more that work fine and they're not overly new.... one's about two years old and the other's a year old.

ALSO, PS2 and Xbox controllers were awful for their durability/life expectancy... I don't own a single one that works perfectly and I've burnt six Xbox controllers and probably the same in PS2 controllers. The PS3 I won't speak of since I don't play mine enough to care... I can't stand their controllers, particularly not for my hands and anything competitive.

Lastly ; ) most Microsoft accessories have been good to me and the people I know. My mic I picked up before Halo 3 came out and still works fine, other than the fact that I raged and broke the band and I've been on two Charge Kits for five years of almost constant use.

Whatever you do want to do, you should definitely not be attacking Microsoft for making crappy products.

I would just buy a new one, I wouldn't trust anything MS sent my way, and you can find them for cheap on Amazon. But for some reason with these new flat black controllers you get "aim drift" a lot so I always try and look for some of the ones with grey sticks or else I'm replacing mine almost every 6 months.