MW3....Seriously?!

I like to start by personally thanking the creators of MW3 for making my decision to buy battlefield 3 that much easier.  With the introduction of "Elite" and an additional fee per month...on top of the $60 bucks we already pay for Xbox Gold, I think it's time to tell MW3 to shove it!  Yes we can play for free without it, but we all know by now what the "free" content usually involves...long story short you get what you pay for.  I've heard rumors of between $5 and $8 a month for their fee that's at least another $60 a year....heck If I want to spend that I'll both battlefield 3 and skyrim, at least they don't charge me extra to play! 

I'm not sure if anyone is a pissed about the issue as I am, but I'd like to hear other peoples takes on it!  We gamers get screwed over quite regularly with increased game prices, monthly fee's and online subscriptions.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You don't have to pay for Elite. It doesn't affect Modern Warfare 3 in any way besides giving free map packs. It's an optional payment. It will work like Bungies "Bungie Pro" system except a bit more expanded(think of a combination of Halo Way Point + Bungie Pro + Battlefields VIP system)

So you're not being charged extra to play. It's an optional service.

Nobody is getting screwed. You need to read the details of the program a bit more before you assume things.

I think your mistaken. The multiplayer for Modern Warfare 3 will NOT COST ANYTHING! And Call of Duty: Elite will NOT COST ANYTHING either. But you can purchase a premium subscription along with Call of Duty: Elite.

Wow, this big long rant that was completely pointless because the OP started running around making assumptions. How embarrassing......

Read the article on Yahoo.com....and i said we can play for free without the subscription....yahoo makes it sound like there's soooo much more you get when you pay every month....

Calm down. Elite sounds like probably the most useless thing in the world that only people who enjoy flushing their money down the toilet will pay for. Think of everything Bungie.net already does for free for Halo players but with a monthly price tag. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of since the first time I heard that Shaq was making a rap album.

MW3.....Seriously? Their making another one?

[quote user="JamaicanTofu"]Read the article on Yahoo.com[/quote]I wouldn't exactly go to Yahoo.com for gaming news. Not really their expertise.

Especially since that was the same site that didn't know they could recharge the battery of a PS3 controller when they reviewed it a few years back.

Sadly yes they are, hoping this one is better than black ops

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

MW3.....Seriously? Their making another one?

[/quote]What? Seriously? Are you new at this? Or did I miss sarcasm?

[quote user="Manhandler"]

Calm down. Elite sounds like probably the most useless thing in the world that only people who enjoy flushing their money down the toilet will pay for. Think of everything Bungie.net already does for free for Halo players but with a monthly price tag. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of since the first time I heard that Shaq was making a rap album.

[/quote]

Shaq has a video game tho