MW3 topic: why take out guns?

So I've been looking around websites that have been able to confirm what weapons will be available on MW3. What confuses me is why the devs would take out some of the weapons used in MW2. Why not just have the newer weapons added on top of the already existing list? Since the game is running on the same MW2 engine, they should still have the designs for the MW2 weapons right? It just doesn't make sense.

Now one could argue for balancing purposes, but the developers have boasted their new system of being able to balance the game quickly so this shouldn't be an issue.

People really like the weapon selection in the recent Call of Duty games; I personally liked the really bad (as in garbage) weapons and I was saddened to see no F2000 in the weapons list for MW3. Also there are those people who have the 10 classes all with different weapons; I generally gravitate towards having 10 classes with **** rifles because that's how I roll.

Yes eventually people will gravitate towards their favorite weapons and not use the majority of the others but you always have the curious gamers (like me) who are willing to try every single weapon.

I'm just kind of hoping that they'll release a weapon pack (free of charge) upon some release of a map pack. Now that is unlikely, but I'll wish as much as I damn well please. Or better yet, I hope that they just bring back the older weapons upon release. Just tweak some of them slightly, the Famas was stupidly powerful (yes, I'm referring to the MW2 version).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i doubt they'd release a weapon pack...

especially not a free weapon pack

And they probably used different weapons to give the illusion of how much different the game is

they will probably be the same guns(stat wise)

[quote user="REPULSIVE TACO"]

they will probably be the same guns(stat wise)

[/quote]That is impeccably true... didn't think about that.

Because that would be an insane amount of weapons. They kept some the same, favorites like the Barrett, Scar, etc.

A bunch of reasons why. Some have been stated already: give the impression that the game is new, balance purposes, and many new ones are just re-skinned old ones, basically.

-

Either way, I feel like COD has trouble balancing the weapons (amongst other things) in the number that they normally have. I'd rather they not make it worse by increasing the number. If it could be balanced, then great but it won't. I look forward to the ability for them to hotfix weapons but I want to see it being done first.

balanced? how do you make that one out..have you not seen the videos...if the weapons were more realistic it wouldnt seem so bad.

Not enough space on the disc.

[quote user="orion796"]

balanced? how do you make that one out..have you not seen the videos...if the weapons were more realistic it wouldnt seem so bad.

[/quote] Ah, the realism argument. It doesn't work in video games. "Realistic" weapons would either break the game or make the game impossible to play.