This is my problem:
- Turn on Xbox
- Start MW3
- Join XBL Party and MW3 Lobby with buds
- Searching for games
- Everyone kicked from party and I am alone in said lobby
- Game menu freezes
- Press guide button to dashboard
- Console freezes
- Restart Xbox
Here are a few things to take note of when giving me advice to fix this:
- This ONLY happens on MW3
- My MW3 is downloaded and installed on my harddrive via GoD
- My NAT is open
- I have reset my router MULTIPLE times
- I have cleared my cache MULTIPLE times
- This happens most frequently while playing in parties, less frequently while playing solo but still pretty often
- Port forwarding has NOTHING to do with this issue, PF pertains to lag, not game/console freezing with added disconnections from Live
- My internet connection is perfectly fine. My laptop and other WiFi devices have no loading or speed issues with internet
- My Xbox is in a very breathable area with great amounts of space on either side of it to prevent overheating.
- I have a new model Xbox (the one with the touch buttons)
The only things I have not tried is recovering my gamertag, which I don't want to do, and calling Xbox to see if it is a hardware issue and if they can replace my console. Until tonight, this problem was quite tolerable, happening only 4 or 5 times a night, hours apart, giving me good 1-2 hour sessions. However, tonight it has happened ~15 times in the past 45 mins, giving me time to play 1 or 2 games total. I would really like help on this issue so I can fix this ASAP. I am also looking into contacting my ISP to install a hi-speed wired connection in my game room solely for my Xbox to completely rule out any speculation that it is in fact my internet.
PLEASE HELP. If you are having the same issue, it's cool that I am not alone in this, but please don't respond just same "this is happening to me too", I'd like to see actual answers or tips that helped you. Thanks!