MW3 Hacked

I was invited to watch a video and afterwards my ranking and everything was gone. I am now reset to 0. I called Activision and Xbox and was told it was a hacker. DO NOT PLAY OR WATCH VIDEO WITH THE GAMER TAG MW3ThermalMod. He is a hack. Activision is working on a patch to correct the problem and fix my stats.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know you are very frustrated but there is a "No Naming and Shaming" policy on the forums here. And it is not one hacker, it is many. A small group of hackers have found out a way to input malacious code into vault video which deranks or give the viewer infecion mods (knock back, thermal vision, super jump, etc).

-

Expect this to be patched soon, but to get deranked you had to follow instructions [Watch the video at 4x speed, back out, go to private match, start it, then end it immediatly].

-

Which means you did this in the hopes of gaining some type of hack/cheat. And it backfired because the person that promised you the cheat/hack was trolling you in the hopes to have a good laugh at your misfortune.

One tip to follow from a vet like myself.  Do not accept any invites from someone with Mod or hack in their name.  I also new it was a matter of time before mw3 was ruined like all other cod titles except for black ops.  One more reason to hope for a new console soon.  

But I would like to comment on Dubsteps comment, not in this game but while I was playing mw2 about 6 months ago I was playing some ffa, after about 30 minutes I noticed while waiting in a lobby that everyone left the lobby except for 3 people who all were 10th prestiges.  Suddenly a bunch of randoms came into the lobby, I could hear no-one talking, the match started and within 20 seconds the game ended after one kill.  I quickly became worried and while in the waiting lobby I noticed one of the low ranking guys suddenly went from 1 to 70 prestige and back to 1 while in the lobby.  I quickly backed out and have been very cautious when playing mw2 now.  

I have also heard rumors of being in cod 4 lobbys that have been hacked and having your rank reset.  And have been told to stay away from cod 4.

So what I am trying to say is I don't think you have to accept an invite to a modded lobby to be a victim of a hacker.  It can happen either way in my opinion and for xbox to say otherwise then they are in denial.  

@ DOTx DubZero, you are very right. At the moment (I believe) private matches and public matches are being affected by infections and derank lobbies. The chances of randomly getting into those lobbies, although slim, are very possible.

-

This is why you NEVER accept game invites from people you do not know. Especially since some of the younger players (14 and under) are the majority of the victims to things like this.

I don't except any invites unless from friends.  But how do you keep from getting into an infected lobby that you randomly get put into?  Look you guys keep playing these hacked up games and get your rank reset.  I will just stay with a safer game called black ops.  

When cod 4 was hacked did anyone fix it?

When Mw2 was hacked did anyone fix it?

When waw was hacked did anyone fix it?

I don't know what treyarch did with black ops but mw3 should have done it like treyarch.

Well sounds like mw3 has been ruined already...

It was about this time of year when mw2 was ruined also.  It's a sad thing that happens over and over again.  I guess they do this on purpose to get you to buy the next installment.

Im hoping they fix this quick. IW has been banning and helping the community this time around compared to cod4 and mw2

That was less then 6 months, well done

[quote user="DOTx SubZero"]

don't except any invites unless from friends.  But how do you keep from getting into an infected lobby that you randomly get put into?  Look you guys keep playing these hacked up games and get your rank reset.  I will just stay with a safer game called black ops.  

When cod 4 was hacked did anyone fix it?

When Mw2 was hacked did anyone fix it?

When waw was hacked did anyone fix it?

I don't know what treyarch did with black ops but mw3 should have done it like treyarch.

[/quote]

The answer to all of these is no

It was only a matter of time before they make their way into matchmaking games. Just do not accept and Game Invites from Random Pubs at all.