MW3 DLC 50% Off? Is This True?

Okay, so I saw this article on MP1st titled: "Upcoming Xbox Live Discounts – MW3 and Black Ops DLC 50% Off, MP Games Deals." The article lists:

• Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: Collection 1 600 (50% off)
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: Collection 2 600 (50% off)
and it uses Major Nelson's blog as its source. However, there is no mention of the MW3 sale on his blog, but there are complaints about it in the comments & there is an asterisk at the bottom of the Major Nelson's post that says "Edit: Removed next weeks DOTW pending confirmation." There is also this website that also mentions the sale.
-
So, it seems trivial to ask given the asterisk, but is it true? Are the two MW3 DLC collections going on sale next week for 50% off or was it a mistake? Because if it's true, as an Elite Premium member, Activision owes me some *** money because I didn't spend twice the money just for a month of early access.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I cant see them discounting mw3 dlc this early in the game. ..... but who knows......

What I do know is that when you bought elite, that was a deal between you and them. If they give me a special deal as a non-premium elite person, thats a totally different story and has nothing to do with your deal with them.

You were told you'd get dlc free and early, and they have lived up to their end of the deal on that.  Even if they were to decide to give me it all for free, it would be none of your business and have no association with what you and they agreed to.

Personally ......... I dont understand why someone who has hated on the game so badly for the last few years would have even considered purchasing elite. Heck, I have liked every cod I've played but still wasnt about to purchase elite.    IMO, purchasing dlc is my one way of showing my opinion on how I like a game. If I dont like it, I can decide not to sink more money in it than I already have. .......... Yet here we have people who hate every release that comes out, but are willing to fork out all that money befpre even playing the game..... ......... its just silly.

if this true i would be a upset to say the least [ stronger words would be used but the filter ]

considering the last download still does not work my map play lists are corrupted and my survival mode rank and maps have been reset  

yeah i am *£%$*****

damned filter 

Well, apparently it seems to be true. Link here.

-

-

He would later add: "It's not really something I'm involved with. But When I heard about it it just reminded me of a holiday sale at some retail store."

So much for Elite being any type of deal. Elite was a let down from the start, its only plus side was getting all the DLC for somewhat cheaper. Now if this is true elite serves as no value what so ever and all elite members who bought it to get the DLC for cheaper (me) just got screwed.

[quote user="Dubstep Kittens"]

So much for Elite being any type of deal. Elite was a let down from the start, its only plus side was getting all the DLC for somewhat cheaper. Now if this is true elite serves as no value what so ever and all elite members who bought it to get the DLC for cheaper (me) just got screwed.

[/quote]

Yup. From a website that took months to get to work (and is still plagued with issues) to content we didn't expect, didn't ask for & didn't want to possibly paying more for the DLC than the people who bought it on sale. Nope, I don't feel like I just got raped in prison or anything... 

-

No one believes me when I say MW3 is my last cod, but unlike years past, I'm getting less interested in cod as the new cod nears, not more interested. Hell, only reason I stuck around for this many cods is because I've gotten every cod the week it launched since cod3 & MW3 was the 1st one I paid over $40 for.

This is BS. Yeah, Tired Old Guy, it is two seperate deals, and they CAN do it if they want. That still does not mean it is ethical and how business should be done.

I'm not an elite subscriber, but this 50% off deal is stabbing Elite Subscribers in the back, completely unfair.

More reason for this to be my last IW title.

I'm an Elite member and... wait for it..... this doesn't bother me at all.  I've received my content early and at a discounted price and received an unexpected prestige token as thanks.  I've enjoyed the DLC for many months now and had a leg up on the competition who got the content later.  That's what I paid for and that's what I got.  And now, at 50% off, hopefully people who have held off will now purchase, therefor increasing the population in the playlist and, of course, injecting a fresh batch of newbs to the maps I know well.

[quote user="ColonelBoston"]

[quote user="Dubstep Kittens"]

[/quote]

Yup. From a website that took months to get to work (and is still plagued with issues) to content we didn't expect, didn't ask for & didn't want to possibly paying more for the DLC than the people who bought it on sale. Nope, I don't feel like I just got raped in prison or anything... 

-

No one believes me when I say MW3 is my last cod, but unlike years past, I'm getting less interested in cod as the new cod nears, not more interested. Hell, only reason I stuck around for this many cods is because I've gotten every cod the week it launched since cod3 & MW3 was the 1st one I paid over $40 for.

[/quote]

MW3 was my last CoD as well. Don't get me wrong I love the Call of Duty franchise because of its multiplayer. However I feel like since every year is now a "Copy & Paste" game its getting old. At first it was ok because It was the CoD I knew and loved and I was able to jump in and start playing right off the bat. Now though I just wish something new and exciting would happen with the franchise.

-

I've seen trailers and what not for "Black Ops 2" and I am completely uninterested. Its just the same old game that I have played for years now. Theres games coming out this year that can and will most likely be better than "Black Ops 2" that I am extremely excited for. Like GTA 5, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Hitman: Absolution, Halo 4, and a few others. This year and next year are going to be big for the gaming industry, but not so big for the CoD franchise.