MW3 Called Out For Animal Cruelty.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have issued another press release criticizing depictions of animal cruelty in a video game. This time it takes issue with Activisions' latest shooter, “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.”

Specifically, PETA points out the Spec Ops mode in Modern Warfare 3 where the player shoots and kills attack dog’s strapped with explosives in, well, an “unconscionable and grotesque” manner.

PETA states that abusing or killing even a virtual animal presents contradictions for what is acceptable in society. According to PETA in the press release:

[quote user="PETA"] The computer game “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3” treats animals in a sadistic manner. The game portrays dogs in a capacity that is not recorded to exist in any modern combat setting, which is unrealistic and is further unconscionable and grotesque. 

Killing virtual animals can have a brutalizing effect on the young male target audience. It also presents difficult contradictions for what is healthy and acceptable for social and moral behavior. How can a nation condemn a professional sports player for breeding and hosting dog-fights, yet immediately turn to be entertained by these malice depictions of animals in video games? [/quote]

These are valid and compelling points, actually. Unlike their disapproval of “Battlefield 3's” stabbing of a rodent in a quick-time event, this one actually makes sense. It isn't healthy or consistent for anyone to condemn abuse towards dogs in real-life, only to then sneak away to get please or excitement from it in a "pretend" setting.

There's a medical definition for people like that: psychopaths and schizophrenics!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I can't help of think back when PETA attacked Mario. and this :

www.dorkly.com/.../dorkly-bits-mario-responds-to-peta

And laughed so much. Ah interwebz.

Edit: Well, of course this was a year old thread. I didn't notice that until after.

What are they going to do, have the game removed from store shelves?

Highly unlikely. What a waste of time by PETA.

Didn't I call this?

PETA is a blight to any animal lover.If they would have their way they would kill every animal just so it wouldnt be able to suffer.Those people make people like me who actually care about the welfare of animals look bad.To me, PETA are just as bad as any puppy mill or horse beater.

Well, those MW3 dogs do seem to have it out for you. And although I am a dog lover and have one myself, if a dog came running up to me with C4 strapped around it and a detonator in it's mouth I'd shoot it without thinking twice. Only an evil, homicidal dog would strap C4 to itself and Jihad you. Long live the infidels!

Sr Republican, I'm beginning to think you're just a giant, overly sensitive bleeding heart. You certainly don't sound like a republican, lol. First with the random Xbox Live messages about a game being anti-semitic, and now this.

But about the issue, distasteful it may be, the fact remains no actual animals were harmed as it is a video game... (what do the youngsters say? oh yeah:) derp.

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

[quote user="Varakharne"]

PETA is a blight to any animal lover.If they would have their way they would kill every animal just so it wouldnt be able to suffer.Those people make people like me who actually care about the welfare of animals look bad.To me, PETA are just as bad as any puppy mill or horse beater.

[/quote]It turns out PETA actually kills animals they rescue which goes against everything they stand for.

[/quote]

QFT

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_detail.cfm/r/109-peta-employees-face-31-felony-animal-cruelty-charges-for-killing-dumping-dogs

Oh... so they ARE calling out games other than Battlefield.

PREVIOUS THREAD

And apparently they don't even change their words... just the game title?  lol

This is just PETA trying to get in on the "Video games are bad" argument.  I guess they're not getting enough recognition anymore so they have to "Modernize" their "cause".

[quote user="ZOMBIE on XBL"]

Shooting people, ok. Shooting dogs, not ok. Gotcha.

[/quote]

Yep.