MW2.5 Shame on you!

What a disapointment. They had 4 years and they gave me MW2 with new maps and some tweaks. They didn't even get creative on the menues. I mean look at gears 3 they just killed it and gave the fans everything and this is what we get. What a piece of Crap. Dont give these pigs your money ever again! Ok I feel better now. Does anyone else feel a bit ripped off or is it just me?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just you....

But I do agree about it being an expansion...but meh

While I don’t like Modern Warfare 3, I cannot help but think that the hate is merely a large case of schadenfreude. Call of Duty is the single highest grossing console series of all time, and yet it’s really done nothing new or big in the last 3 years. And that’s what most of the hate is derived of – from the fact that an average, decent game gets monumental amounts of praise and wealth while games that do so much more in every conceivable way are shrugged upon by most gamers.

Time and time again, CoD gets a free ride because of its popularity – because it has created a monumental trend in the gaming industry that, more than anything else pisses people off, and for good reason too. So more than anything, the low user scores are a protest against a game which many players feel does not deserve the praise and wealth it’s given. I can’t deny that I have distain for this series as of late, and that I have my own feelings of schadenfreude; but as far it stands, there are millions of people out there who enjoy the game and hell – let’em, they have fun with their games as we have fun with ours.

As for the critical score – yeah I’m a bit disgruntled by it. There were much better shooters out there like Resistance 3 and Crysis 2 that received somewhere around an 85 – all these games were more fun, worthwhile experiences, and all had much more effort put into them. It comes down to the fact that reviewers are plain selective with the criticisms they give, and downright biased with whom they choose to give the high scores. I don’t know if it’s the reviewers fault for being unprofessional, or if they’re getting paid off by publishers, but in all honesty, how is gaming to progress when games like this get endless praise while the games that push the industry forward get a shrug in comparison?

No.

[quote user="x BACON HSA x"]

What a disapointment. They had 4 years and they gave me MW2 with new maps and some tweaks. They didn't even get creative on the menues. I mean look at gears 3 they just killed it and gave the fans everything and this is what we get. What a piece of Crap. Dont give these pigs your money ever again! Ok I feel better now. Does anyone else feel a bit ripped off or is it just me?

[/quote]

No I don't, because honestly, $60 is not a lot of money.

[quote user="Anthonymrb"]

No I don't, because honestly, $60 is not a lot of money.

[/quote]

Especially for how many days of gameplay you can get with your friends. Now if my friends didn't get this game and I did, then yes I would have felt ripped off.

Well there are games better than this for 60 bucks thats for sure. I guess I just had high hopes for this game. MW2 was awesome and then they gave us this. Its Ok to be a fanboy but they realy cheaped out on this game.

[quote user="x BACON HSA x"]

Well there are games better than this for 60 bucks thats for sure. I guess I just had high hopes for this game. MW2 was awesome and then they gave us this. Its Ok to be a fanboy but they realy cheaped out on this game.

[/quote]

I find no problem. There are 80 ranks, and you do them 11 times. That will give me lots of hours of play.

If you don't like the game don't buy it and complain about it.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Nope.  I'm enjoying this game every time I play it.

I guess you have to trade it in . . .

If you put in more than 1 day of game time(most will probably hit 5 days minimum) for multiplayer(let alone the Co-op stuff and single) then you will be getting more than your money's worth. That is the way I see it.