MW2 Game Disc Will Not Install

I just received MW2 and went to install on HDD.

The console was making an odd buzzing sound when starting up, even during game play, so I heard installing on the hdd will resolve the issue. Upon installation, at 7% it shows that the game can't install, and to clean disc or try again. There are no scratches or smudges on the disc at all.

All other games played before this worked fine. No noise whatsoever. I was wondering if anyone had the same issue.

I had my 360 Slim for a month now. Had another many years ago that suffered from the Red Ring. Been years since a 360 been up in this household and now I have the slim.

I was told installing will resolve the buzzing, for it will load smoother and faster. I suppose the disc doesn't run but validates the game to avoid piracy. Also that not running the disc like that avoids over heating and perhaps reduces wear and tear of the console.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

Hey OP :).

Is it the 250GB slim you are trying to install it onto?.

Could you try this.
Go into your consoles memory> games> look for a partial or corrupt file> if there is one delete it.
(Corrupt files will be marked with an exclamation mark).

Then try to install it again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, im gonna hijack this thread.. Im wondering why i cant play installed games? Ive installed Left for dead 2, GTA , and some other games but when im trying to run them without the disc it asks me to insert the disk b4 i play it, soo why install games if i still need the disk??? help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Installing games is to prevent long loading times and lessen the wear-and-tear on your disc drive. You always need the game disc to play installed games. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry this didn't help.

my MW2 does that too i tried to clean it because there were some scratches on it but that didnt work. you can go to a microsoft store in your area and have them fix it for a good price or go to the support link at the top of the bar and then find a link that will bring you to Disk Drive something just look for it its there. or just search it

Sorry this didn't help.

OP have you tried borrowing a friend's copy of MW2 or rentinga copy and installing it?

Then all you will need is your copy for verification purposes.

Sorry this didn't help.