Muting a players mic

Do any one else find that the ability to toggle a players mic on/off (by pressing x on the squad screen) has no effect at all.  Whether they're muted or not I can still hear them.  Is there some xbox system setting I should also be adjusting?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

umm, I have the xbox set so that it mutes anyone that isn't already an xbox live friend, Its in the preferances menu.

...And people wonder why no one is talking in this game.  

I've tried to mute people playing loud music or yelling at their kids and it has no effect in game.  Have to go dashboard for it to work.  

its Friends Only, and some of the people i do talk to talk too much

The easiest thing to do when you have an annoying *** in your squad it to create a party chat with nobody in it.

I was playing Tehran Hwy.....and this dude on my team was doing something to voice comms, even though he wasn't in my squad I could hear him.....muting him didn't even slow him down...it was weird, what was worse was that he had his  mic wrapped around his stereo speakers and had his radio tuned into some nutbar lefty political commentary radio

If you muted someone and there mic never stopping going then you will continue to hear them. There mic has to stop for the mic to start working.

I mute everyone not on my friend list in my xbox preferences.

For many players I don't understand much when they mumble english (not my native language) and I guess they all hate to hear me speak russian with my xbox buddies.

http://preferans.de

[quote user="afarber"]

I mute everyone not on my friend list in my xbox preferences.

For many players I don't understand much when they mumble english (not my native language) and I guess they all hate to hear me speak russian with my xbox buddies.

[/quote]

(Secret - your english gets better the more you use it.)

Fastest way to get rid of annoying voices on Battlefield 3...without trying to find the culprit behind the voice.....is to start your own Xbox Live Party.  When you create your own XBL Party, all the voices in your head will go away :)