music media rights

I am a Xbox music subscriber and have downloaded music to my PC. When I transferred music from the PC to my wp8 there is an error message of"unable to confirm media usage rights for this content." For a majority of the music transferred to the phone I get this message. For the others, there is no problem with play back. Why is this doing this happening if all my media comes from the same source, which is Xbox music.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there! I'm not completely knowledgeable on this subject (so excuse my answer if its wrong), but I believe you have to download the music onto your phone, not transfer. I think this is part of the Digital Rights Media to keep you from transferring music to phones that are not tied to your account. There is probably an "invisible" license gained when you download that song and this license doesn't transfer with the media.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To build off what Horse said, it does sound like a DRM issue. Can you verify that the same Microsoft Account that downloaded the music on your PC matches the MS Account on your WP8? If it is, I would double check that your WP8 is on your list of approved Xbox Music devices. Let us know if you have any questions. Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.