Music for gaming to

Hi guys I'm a DJ at an internet radio station and no this is NOT just a shameless advert but actually a real question.

I do a show every Monday based on console gaming and was wondering what music gamers like to listen to when playing certain genres of games.

So, do you like Slayer when shooting, do you like Deadmau5 when driving or ummm Rebecca Black while role-playing? Or do you just like the sounds/tunes the games themselves give you? Would be interesting to know what everyone out there thought!And this research may well end up in a show, so if you'd like to get your input in then please don't be scared to join in here.

Oh and in case you're wondering, for me it's metal for most things, but if you put Tool on the stereo then that would make even that Terminator Salvation game seem palatable :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I like rock and metal music, but I go with everything. I tend to play a lot of Black Ops and stuff while listening to Rammstein.

Good call on that one, I'm actually onair right now and have just thrown Rammsstein into my set, definitely a great one for FPS games :)

I listen to in game music and never any outside, except for driving games.  Those, I turn off all the music.

I'm with Chickin on this one. I listen to the game music. I find this especially important as many games now include audio cues of when things are about to happen.

I 'm with Chicking and Vote on this one. I only change the music on Wrestling games.

When playing online i almost always turn off the in game music.  My playlist usually consists of: Tool, RHCP, RATM, Rise Against, APC, Puscifer, SOAD, Muse, and Slipknot.   I have a playlist entitled "gaming"  that has about 200 songs that i put on random.

I almost always listen to game audio.

But if I do its usually Deathmetal or Metalcore (Ex. Aborted, As Blood Runs Black, Decapitated, The Plot In You, Job For A Cowboy, Dying Fetus, Chimaira ect) But good luck putting that on radio haha.

If you want more "radio friendly" music some bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Asking Alexandria would be more to look into that are decent.

As Chickin and DC said above, I usually listen to the in-game music. But, if I'm playing a multiplayer game with no friends and nobody is using their mic, I listen to music then. I'm more of a rock/metal guy. Nine Inch Nails and Deftones are usually my main sources for music while I game. But, I listen to a wide range of music overall.

Music only for racing games, mostly death metal or deathcore (Sylosis, TBDM, Veil of Maya, etc...) or something more upbeat (Foals, Klaxons, The Mars Volta). For SP and MP shooters I'll want to hear dialogue and/or footsteps and other important sounds.

[quote user="Dragonaiir"]

Music only for racing games, mostly death metal or deathcore (Sylosis, TBDM, Veil of Maya, etc...) or something more upbeat (Foals, Klaxons, The Mars Volta). For SP and MP shooters I'll want to hear dialogue and/or footsteps and other important sounds.

[/quote]

I love The Black Dahlia Murder so much :D                    ....well, I wonder what would give anyone that idea... *looks at gamertag*