Music detection from laptop

Hi

I bought a Nokia Lumia 510 and have uploaded several songs from a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop.  The media software downloaded in my laptop is 'iTunes'.   'Zune' detects only a percentage of my collection on the computer.

Can anyone tell me the reason for this ?  Is it anything to do with file extensions as my windows 7 phone says it does not support games that can only be downloaded through iTunes, eg Bejeweled Twist, for playing on mobile devices such as mine ?

Thank you

Nick

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Zune is no longer used in wp8 if that is the phone you have you need to get a program for your computer called the windows phone app. it is only for windows 7 and windows 8 though if not the music may be DRM protected . i know you cannot add itunes music to wp8 phones unless  you remove the drm from it - Echo1scout

-hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@nmp: If a large portion of your iTunes songs were bought through the iTunes Store, that would be the reason they are not showing up - they are DRM-protected.

@DHG: It is stated the phone is WP7, so using Zune is still fine. No need for the Windows Phone Desktop app.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.