Multiple consoles

So I have two consoles. My son has a gamer tag and plays on one and I play on the other. I want to download the new revolution dlc. Can I somehow download to both consoles and both play the dlc?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Not 100% sure if this will work since I personally have not bought this map pack. I too have child in my house that plays on a separate console. From your console download the map pack you want. Next sign out and sign your son in to the same console and see if he has access to the maps. If not, you're done the next step will not work, but if it does work for him please read on. Now, go to his console and sign yourself in the what you will want to do is transfer your licenses to his console and re-download the map on to his console.

For help transfering your license read here:

forums.xbox.com/.../46093.aspx

The content will still work on the first console as long as you are signed into the account that purchased it. Keep in mind you can only use the transfer tool once every 4 months so make sure you don't have any intention of transferring it again anytime soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Content is tied to the gamertag that purchased it as well as the console that it was purchased on. The console license allows all other profiles on that console to access the content. The gamertag can access the content on any console as long as it's signed Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

A warning to what Smwutches said. There is some content that is registered to a console, meaning anyone on that console can access that DLC. This is typical of older DLC. However, since there was nothing stopping you from transferring it to other consoles to the same affect (so long as the original account that purchased the DLC was on that new Xbox), a lot of new DLC will only work for the account that purchased it.

If you buy DLC on your account, only your account may be able to play it, and not your sons. While this isn't the case for all DLC, I've been noticing it occur with greater frequency. In addition I've tried within my own home to use DLC my brother has purchased on his Xbox with my account, and it would not let me play it.

So in theory you can download to both consoles using one account, but only that account *may* be able to use it. Again, I stress may since it is not absolute and some DLC acts differently then others.

Sorry this didn't help.