Multiplayer Games You Never Touched The MP In

"Mass Effect 3" apparently has MP.

Same with "Far Cry 3" and "Tomb Raider".

I feel no real pull whatsoever to check these out.

What about the rest of you?

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

I think for me, just Dead Space 2. I used the Online Pass (on purpose) but never got around to playing. Actually, I never intended on playing MP. I wanted EA to know, yes I bought it new and yes I have an Online Pass but no, I will never play a "slapped-on" MP in a Game that it should not have been.

[/quote]

I think most people did the same, because by the time I got my copy of DS2, the online was dead. I tried to play an MP match several times, but I never found a match with more than three other players on at a time. [/quote]Actually, I never even looked for an Online Match. I thought it was one of the stupidest things to put in a DS Game but DS3 top even that.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

I think for me, just Dead Space 2. I used the Online Pass (on purpose) but never got around to playing. Actually, I never intended on playing MP. I wanted EA to know, yes I bought it new and yes I have an Online Pass but no, I will never play a "slapped-on" MP in a Game that it should not have been.

[/quote]

I think most people did the same, because by the time I got my copy of DS2, the online was dead. I tried to play an MP match several times, but I never found a match with more than three other players on at a time.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"] I remember seeing the stats of my XBL playing habits during the 10 year anniversary thing and being shocked that I had put around 20 hours of online time over the last year as an XBL gold member.[/quote]

I had less than one hour, with zero use on aps,not bought gold since.

[/quote]

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm heading with that as well. I'm almost certain 19 of those 20 hours were BF1943, which I also have on my PS3.

I still mostly think of videogames as a solitary activity, and am getting tired of that notion being looked at as antiquated or wrong.

Like I said, give me a good story (and gameworld to get lost in) any day of the week.

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]ME3 does not have a "Vs Multiplayer".[/quote]No where in Az's post does he state vs multi-player. Like it or not co-op is a form of multi-player and that is even how Bioware see it.

[/quote]

I wish I could rate your post up more than five stars. This guy has some serious denial issues huh? I don't think he's ever admitted that coop is multiplayer.

[/quote]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

To me it looked like he was clarifying the type of MP ME3 has. When someone starts with the word apparently I would also think they don't know much about it.

[/quote]

I'd tend to believe that if he didn't do this constantly. It's like he's desperately trying to distance himself from the word for some bizarre reason.

[/quote]

Oh that would be like someone trying to avoid the word FREE every time someone says the co-op DLC in ME3 is Free.  Could you imagine if someone did that. lol!

[/quote]

You must have me mistaken if you think I do that. I am very happy to tell people about the free dlc.

So you gonna finally admit that you play multiplayer games or what?

[/quote]

It wasnt directed at you. The people that get all crazy about the word free know who they are.  Of course I play mp games. I even replied in this thread about mp games.   Not sure what you are going on about with that.

[/quote]

Oh come on don't try to be coy. Obviously you have a hang up about multiplayer. Whenever the subject comes up you go way out of your way to say stuff like coop or horde instead of just saying multiplayer. This isn't the first or even the second time we've discussed this point, you know exactly what I'm on about.

That being said I'm done talking about this because it's going nowhere as usual. If you wanna clarify your stance I'll reply though.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]ME3 does not have a "Vs Multiplayer".[/quote]No where in Az's post does he state vs multi-player. Like it or not co-op is a form of multi-player and that is even how Bioware see it.

[/quote]

I wish I could rate your post up more than five stars. This guy has some serious denial issues huh? I don't think he's ever admitted that coop is multiplayer.

[/quote]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

To me it looked like he was clarifying the type of MP ME3 has. When someone starts with the word apparently I would also think they don't know much about it.

[/quote]

I'd tend to believe that if he didn't do this constantly. It's like he's desperately trying to distance himself from the word for some bizarre reason.

[/quote]

Oh that would be like someone trying to avoid the word FREE every time someone says the co-op DLC in ME3 is Free.  Could you imagine if someone did that. lol!

[/quote]

You must have me mistaken if you think I do that. I am very happy to tell people about the free dlc.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasnt directed at you. The people that get all crazy about the word free know who they are.  Of course I play mp games. I even replied in this thread about mp games.   Not sure what you are going on about with that.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For me it would not only be Tomb Raider as mentioned but all the Modern Warfare games, where the only part of them I enjoyed were the campaigns. I do try and dip my toes in the water every now and then but the people playing still make it seem like a wretched hive of scum and villainy. 

Could be but personally I thought the thread title was broad enough to encompass both co-op and versus, since both are a form of multi-player. To me with the "actually" line it seems as if he wasn't trying clarify but attempting to correct.

-

Of course I could be completely misreading that, such is the fun of discussion forums.

-

Touching on the co-op forms of multi-player however I do confess to not playing them that often either. It is only really Halo and Gears titles, when with friends, that I give the modes a go. Co-op for me is preferable when it is couch co-op, I like to be in the same room as the other person.

The difference is bots are stupid and predictable. Nothing beats playing against other humans. That's the other thing I love about MP. I only play public matches because I want the unpredictability and intelligence. For example if you're playing a FPS vs bots and one sees you across a room you know what he's gonna do. He'll most likely start shooting and taking the quickest route to get to you. A human could do any number of things - backtrack to flank you, zig zag at you, hide behind something and pick you off, wait for help, ect. You have to adapt on the fly and you're constantly being challenged. Single player and bots can't challenge you in the same way.

1.GTAIV..never played the MP