Multiplayer Frustration with EA Servers

I know there are probably other posts addressing this issue, but the fact that there is even a post at all, means there is a serious problem with EA Server disruption during MP gameplay.  If I put the resources into buying packs and I put the time into playing the game, I would expect not to be disconnected from the EA Server at Wave 11 or while I'm in the middle of a Wave.  It is pretty frustrating to spend 16-23 minutes on completing a map, just to get a stupid message that says I've lost connection to the server, yadda, yadda, yadda. 

It also does not make for good game partners if they think you left the game, which if you're the host and you get disconnected, restarts the Wave.  I don't want excuses about how many people are playing that's overloading the server, just fix the problem.  Don't write checks you can't cash.   

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

EA servers have always been terrible.

I especially hate if I have some high end bonuses equiped and the game ends. Those bonuses are gone for good.

Bird nailed it.  EA servers have ALWAYS been terrible. I am shocked at how well ME3 co-op actually runs compared to all the other EA servers. It does have its moments in ME3 but compared to all the other EA games, I would say the ME3 co-op runs very very well.

It's run pretty smooth for me as well, next to zer0 lag and haven't had a game disconnect on me yet, except when the host leaves of course, the only time I've lost connection to the servers is before I even enter a lobby, and that's only happened a handful of times.  I'd like to see an "XP Penalty" imposed on those who leave games early, I don't mind having a squad stripped down to three, but unfortunately once one leaves, everyone else follows suit, players should finish the games that they start for everyone has committed supplies to the match and I think that one similiar to HALO 3 would be a good remedy...:-)

I never got why people leave this game. It not like they have to sit through all 11 waves if they bleed out.

They're back the next wave.

As far as the servers go. They've been pretty good to me as well for the most part.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

It's run pretty smooth for me as well, next to zer0 lag and haven't had a game disconnect on me yet, except when the host leaves of course, the only time I've lost connection to the servers is before I even enter a lobby, and that's only happened a handful of times.  I'd like to see an "XP Penalty" imposed on those who leave games early, I don't mind having a squad stripped down to three, but unfortunately once one leaves, everyone else follows suit, players should finish the games that they start for everyone has committed supplies to the match and I think that one similiar to HALO 3 would be a good remedy...:-)

[/quote]There is an XP penalty, and a Credit penalty. If you leave or in my case get disconnected from the server, you get nothing of the hard work you have done, so far this has been maybe 1million XP for me and 150,000 credits. Most of it was from one day where the servers were extremely bad.

They really need to patch it so if you get the "you have lost connection to the game/server" error come up, it takes you to an end game screen and you get what you earned so far. If you quit out you don't go to this screen.

If the host leaves etc, I stick around even if I end up dying a few minutes later. I do this simply because I still get the reward for my effort up to that point. 

I was refering to those who casually select "Quit Mission" when things aren't going their way, -50,000 XP, or maybe -1 N7 Ranking if you choose this option after a game starts, you wouldn't see nearly as many doing it, sorry to hear that the servers haven't been so kind to you, I really have experienced nothing but smooth sailing...:-)

I've had quite a few instances wherein I was the host of a match & all of a sudden in the middle of it, the entire console freezes up & I have to shut it off & restart the machine all over again. Sucks.

Totally agree. I've given up on the MP for this reason.  

OR I'll wait for ages for people to ready up only for the host to leave.

OR I'll get kicked for no reason.

VERY frustrating.

Awesome SP though.

Just got kicked out of a match wave 4 or 5 because ea server went down

I'm with Arkham..no real issues here..my question is..your NAT