Multiplayer BS

So I'm really excited about BF3 and I go to Family Video to rent it, and I get the longest rental you can get because I want to play a lot of multiplayer. I get home and put it in it downloads the updates blah blah and I try to play online and it says I need some key that you can only get if you buy the game brand new??? I can't even believe that if it is really the case, which I think it is. I just wasted $8.00 of my money trying to rent a game you can't even play if you rent it. This is by far the most shady thing a game company has done. I don't even care about the campaign BF is all about multiplayer I didn't even want to play the campaign.......I wish I would have got Gears instead.......

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Every EA game does this now.  It's not new. Sorry.

You can buy the online pass, but this is common knowledge, sorry.  

It's their way of suggesting you play COD.

To be fair, they should warn you on the box or something.

I own every other BF game ever made and none of them make you do that, and I own other EA games and none of them make you do that. It should be illegal for them to put it on the shelves in the store for rent if you can't even play it. It's a scam, am I not right here?

I thought EA did free trials?

Its their way of fighting used game buyers and renters. They don't make money when people buy used or rent games. I don't blame them one bit.

[quote user="chrenB0Pavich"]

I own every other BF game ever made and none of them make you do that, and I own other EA games and none of them make you do that. It should be illegal for them to put it on the shelves in the store for rent if you can't even play it. It's a scam, am I not right here?

[/quote]You 'owned' them.  When you buy new, the online pass is included.  When you rent, it does not.

They should warn you at rental places, but EA has been doing this for awhile soooo..... most people already know of the online pass.

[quote user="chrenB0Pavich"]

It should be illegal for them to put it on the shelves in the store for rent if you can't even play it. It's a scam, am I not right here?

[/quote]

Welcome to the new normal