Multi country recident

Hi there,

I often travel between my local country (Denmark) and other countries (work, for Microsoft!!!!). In those efforts I bought a Xbox music pass instead of Spotify. I also love quite some time in Germany. Here is the problem.

Windows Phone 8:

Going into Store I cannot download new songs, when being outside Denmark. Buy now is the option available, and testing this, it did charge my credit card.

Well thought it was an error on WP8 as this used to work with my Zune pass and WP7....

Turning to my Surface.

Windows Surface RT:

I can open Videos and Music. However I cannot log on to the Xbox service, when outside Denmark. I even tried vpn into Denmark - no luck. Then I am stuck with my current collection till I come home.

The idea of Music Pass was to get music on the go. Not to upload a collection when I am home. Defeats the purpose. Please tell me this service is not restricted to one location only, as the old Zune pass worked perfectly - now cancelled in favor to my Xbox music pass. Adding to this Spotify is actually cheaper.

Any solution ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hi Razor! If you are getting that error, you will need to call Phone Support.

They will get you squared away. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hhmm interesting. Logging into Xbox > my account > billing... caused a "wups, this should not have happened" error with code 302183DACCBCB51.. cannot check location of my Xbox account. Any help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello RazorMouser,

I hope this helps!

Regional settings for Xbox on Windows apps
Overview

If you see the error message “You're signing in with an account that's different from your Windows region. To sign in with this account, please change your Windows region and restart the Xbox LIVE app” it means there’s a location mismatch between your computer’s Windows regional settings and the regional settings of your Xbox account. To fix this problem, change the settings on your computer to match the setting of your Xbox account. Sometimes this error is represented by the code x0c00d1353 or c00d1353.

Review this page to learn more about this error message and what you should do about it.

What to try

Make sure that your computer is set to same country/region as your Xbox account.

1. First, determine the country/region setting of the Xbox account that you want to match.
    1. Go to Xbox.com and sign in to your account.
    2. Tap or click My Account, and then tap or click Billing Contact Information. You may be asked to sign in again to access this billing page.

Your location is listed under Country/Region. This is the location that you want your computer to match.

2. Next, change the country/region setting for your computer.

If you’re using a touchscreen:

1. From the Start screen start to type “control panel.”
    2. Tap the Control Panel graphic.
    3. From the Control Panel screen, tap Clock, Language, and Region.
    4. Tap Change location, under “Region.”
    5. From the Region window, tap the Location tab. You will see your Home location in the drop-down menu.
    6. Select the country/region that matches your Xbox account.

If you’re on a PC:

1. From Start screen, start to type “control panel.”
    2. Click the Control Panel graphic.
    3. From the Control Panel screen, click Clock, Language, and Region.
    4. Click Change location, under “Region.”
    5. From the Region window, tap the Location tab. You’ll see Home location in the drop-down menu.
    6. Select the country/region that matches your accounts.
What’s going on?

Typically, this error occurs for one of the following reasons:

• You're trying to sign in to the app in a country or region where the service is unavailable.
  • The computer that you're trying to sign in to is set to a different country/region than the country/region of your Xbox account.

Sorry this didn't help.