Muffle Enchantment?

does anyone know a merchant that usually has something with a muffle enchantment to be disenchanted? I think that muffle is an enchantment that can be used when you find an item anyway.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The only item I have seen with Muffle is the Nightingale Set and that can't be disenchanted. I don't know if you can find Muffle as a property to put on your gear, I have never seen it except on Guild Stuff.

You can get it, I've seen Glass Boots for sale with it.

There is no way to just 'get' an item from the shops, however, you'll just have to keep looking, or find one as loot.

There are items with the enchant on them, generally I find them in dungeons.  Usually they come on light armor, but I once found a pair of Orcish Boots with the enchant on them.  They are always called "<Material Type> Boots of Muffling".  I think the Daedric "Ebony Mail" is the only non-footwear item with this enchant on it.

[quote user="SquareFantasy"]

I think the Daedric "Ebony Mail" is the only non-footwear item with this enchant on it.[/quote]

Ebony Mail is "unique" in being that it is the only Armor that carries these specific Enchantments;

• Muffle
  • Poison Damage (5 Points Per Sec to targets standing close proximately)
  • "Shroud" and Unique Effect that produces a dark "shadow" around the Character and contributes around 15-20% harder to Detect

I've never tried to Disenchant it though?

The Dark Brotherhood armors has them too. And the Dark Brother hood have armor that isnt enchanted also so you can enchant your own stuff on it. I would LOOOVVEEE to find some nightingale armor like that.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Ebony Mail is "unique" in being that it is the only Armor that carries these specific Enchantments;

• Muffle
  • Poison Damage (5 Points Per Sec to targets standing close proximately)
  • "Shroud" and Unique Effect that produces a dark "shadow" around the Character and contributes around 15-20% harder to Detect

I've never tried to Disenchant it though?

[/quote]

It cannot be disenchanted, like all the daedric weapons\armor.  I was just referencing that it is the only non-footwear piece of armor in the game to carry a muffle enchantment.  All others (unique armors included) come on footwear only.

[quote user="SquareFantasy"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]I've never tried to Disenchant it though? [/quote]

It cannot be disenchanted, like all the daedric weapons\armor...

[/quote]

Ahh too bad, maybe under the Mannequin Glitch and Multiple Copies?

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Ahh too bad, maybe under the Mannequin Glitch and Multiple Copies?

[/quote]

That would get you multiple copies of the armor (and you could give one to a companion, I did this with the robes I had copies of, lol), but they simply do not show up in the disenchant menu when you access an enchanting table.

I found a random pair of shoes enchanted with muffle.

so i basically just have to look around for random loot?