MSP Stolen... Worth An Investigation?

A little over a month ago, I glanced at my points balance to discover that 4000 points were missing. I did a little research and the culprit was Darkspore, a Game for Windows game -- that I, of course, did not purchase. I called up Microsoft and after a grueling 20-minute conversation, the guy I spoke to told me that my situation could be investigated, but it would take 15-21 days and my account would be suspended (unusable) during the process.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. If so, how did Microsoft handle it?

P.S. I don't know if it was just a coincidence, but shortly before the incident, I had linked my account to Games for Windows LIVE in preparation of the new PC I was getting. I guess this implies that their website is less secure? I don't know.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

are you absolutely sure it wasn't a family member?

is the game on your hd?

if it was someone loging into your computer or your xbox thats not a comprimised account that is the only reason why xbox would refund it if the account wasn't in your control at the time (differnet ip) when the purchase happened

if the account was accessed by another xbox or a pc other then your normal pc then mayb eyou have a case

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.