MS POINT OPTION NOT AVAILABLE (Multiplayer Store)

Is this a permanent change?  Not that I care, but I found it odd that the option to spend 240 MS points for the PREMIUM SPECTRE PACK (or any other pack for that matter), was removed.  Or is it just a temporary change to make updates to the system? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's a glitch which happens to some users every now and then. Happened to myself last Thursday, but a few hours later the option to use MS points to buy packs was back (not that I have any spare... spent last 400 MS points I had on Skyrim's Hearthfire.).

No one has an answer?

yeah I know Elite Effect happens by here everynow and then but he didn't as much until he beat it because some trolls like to post teh SPOLERZ!!! and they type just like that too.

I have no idea if anyone else reported that other topic but I did right after I posted in this one and it was gone the next time I checked. That leads me to assume that no one else reported it or if they did it was really close to when I did. My point is if no one reports nothing will get done. I'm sure some mods read this forum because they play ME3 but that number is probably pretty small and I doubt they check here as much as most of us do.

I think this forum is like the Skyrim forum. Both have active communities that generally get along with each other most of the time. I don't see much moderation in that forum either despite it being a huge game. I like to think certain communities are given more slack because they're more mature. On the flip side of that the general forum is usually full of trolls and mod actions.

No worries.  I haven't played the Mass Effect series.  (don't know why just never did) So that's why I don't post in here as often.  You might see Elite Effect though since he's constantly bagging on me for not playing this game.   I do try to moderate here so that other mods who are playing don't have anything spoiled for them.  In another forum I was accused of not knowing the community.  LOL  Which left me thinking....."If I played this game more I'd better understand that it's ok to call someone an idiot?"   Anyway, it doesn't bother me, behind us now.   I'll help you guys out if you have anything and explain as much as I can in PM.  Another thing that happens is posts are made and removed in between the times you might check the forums so it looks like nothing happened, when really no one saw it except a few.

I didn't mean to lash out, and if I came off as personally attacking you or the other mods, I'm sorry.

-

But without knowing the details, it just seemed excessive to delete everything, unless the whole thread got reported, or the OP reported it for being off topic.  But he seemed as confused as everyone else, and as I stated the answer was already given so I don't see what the problem was.  That was my only real issue with anything that transpired.

-

I totally understand you point about not being able to watch every forum and every thread.  But, I know the community ones get watched more and you'd just think with a big game like this, that was just released, it may get a check here and there.   Especially, since I'd find it hard to believe that no mods play Mass Effect.  But, I dunno maybe mods don't post often as they get burned out fixing all the flame wars.   Just seems like a mod or two would mosey in here now and again, and fix a problem as they see it and read the forum, for their own enjoyment.  But, I do admit I don't fully know how you guys handle/run you're mod system.

-

It really doesn't even bother me if a thread goes unchecked for a while.  I know mods are busy and you can always just not read a thread you know isn't very pretty. I was just annoyed with the other thread and how it was allowed to continue when this one was mostly deleted.  

-

Didn't think that maybe this one got reported first, because it seemed harmless compared to the other one.  But, that doesn't mean it didn't happen, and maybe I should of thought about that first.  

-

Either way it wasn't a big deal to me anyway, I just board on a Sunday and the troll on the other thread was annoying me so I may have been a little to harsh.,  So again, I'm sorry if I came off as attacking you or the mods, as I was more just confused why that course of action had to be taken.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

Oh look.  A crappy Mod who has no clue what he should be doing.  Why not just delete the thread instead of deleting 99% of the posts?  Get some common sense man!

FYI, there's a troll thread a few posts down on page one that should have been removed but hasn't ("Silent Hill 2 > ME3").  When're you going to get rid of it?

[/quote]

Yep, you're right.  Adrian should be punished for others not following the rules and just have his thread deleted.  Especially when he did nothing wrong and users he had no control over ruined it.  I was trying to do him a favor.  If it was just completely removed people would be leading the charge of how unfair it is that his thread was removed and it's not his fault.  I guess we can't really win. Similar to what Payton is talking about, i.e. not killing a thread.

I'd like to think that by CUL 7 you would have realized some of this.  As far as the other thread it was reported and removed.  To address what Payton was inquiring about it is physically impossible to read every single thread and every single post in any order.  We deal with the oldest reports first, sometimes those reports can be pretty complex.  It takes time.  Reporting it once is enough.  Explain the problem and any additional info.  Obviously we're not going to get them all.   Even the best fisherman in the world can never catch all the fish.

For those who don't know the report button is the little circle with the slash through it below each post.

If you knew me you'd probably know that I probably don't quite fit the profile of the fist pounding oppressive moderator that many of the users think reside here.  Although blindly attacking one certainly helps create moderators like that and I can see why some would rather not post at all when we have people who'll just jump on someone they don't know.  It's cool though I forgive you guys.  Just remember there are resolutions beyond making blanket statements.

On topic (old topic?):  it's been mentioned the feature was back so I guess it's done now.  Feel free to lash back out at me or let the thread die. 

Well either way what's done is done. There's no point going back and forth about it, right? If anyone wants to keep discussing something you're free to do that. Honestly I don't think this topic was worth saving anyways but I admit I don't remember the posts that weren't trolling or replying to trolling.

The reason you see flames flying around normally is because the mods don't read most topics, especially in sub forums. If you pay attention to the general section or support you'll notice that doesn't happen nearly as much. I prefer it this way. Until recently this forum was perfectly fine and didn't need any mod attention. Now the problem has been dealt with because people reported the problem. Hopefully we can get back to normal.

I'm not talking about other topics.  I'm talking about this topic.   I also didn't have anything deleted except the troll thread that was deleted hours after this one was lobotomised.

-

And I'm not talking about post or threads that are pointless and should be deleted.   I'm talking about killing any entire thread that there was nothing wrong with for no reason or because there may have been a single post in it that got reported.

-

Meanwhile, most of the times flames fly everywhere for days, and usually die out on their own, instead of with mod help.

For the record I had posts in other topics deleted since yesterday so this wasn't the only topic to be looked at. Either way I think we know who the cause of all this was and it certainly wasn't the mod who did his job.