MS or EA think I'm too young for ME3

Hi folks,

I'm having a bit of an odd problem. In the Mass Effect 3 demo, I can't log in to the Alliance Network - before I even get a chance to log in to my Origin account, a message comes up saying sorry, but you're too young for the game's online content. I'm 22 years young, so that has to be some mistake! I had the same problem with Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network, but it had essentially closed down before I got around to fixing it (that was pretty lazy).

So far my attempts to get help haven't gone so well. I've been told by customer support lines to log into my accounts and check my date of birth is correct  (far as I can see, they are) and it doesn't seem to be budging. Surely the network of the Systems Alliance is not so utterly wicked that I can't handle it! I assume that the issue is with my Xbox Live account, since the message comes up before I get into Origin. Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a solution?

Thank you very kindly,

Steven

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

An MS agent now seems to think I forgot to put in my age when creating my Xbox Live account (could have done, it's been too long for me to remember!) and that's why EA think I'm too young. If I did, I would have confirmed the default age. Apparently there's no way for MS to change this (which seems a bit daft, I understand the need to prevent abuse but I could provide proof of my age, etc.). Well, now I take the fight to EA. May the Force be with me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is most likely EA, they tend to block people younger than 13 from playing some of their games that feature online. The only viable problem would be that you typed in the wrong birthday for your EA account. You simply need to contact EA and get it sorted out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.