MS announcing 10 new Kinect IPs for hardcore LOL

Me thinks MS is very confused. I about fell out of my chair reading this.   What next they have announced the buying of the Barney TV series so they can make hardcore games with a purple dinosaur.  [quote]

One source told us these games "won't be obvious". Another source said Microsoft is expected to "serve the hardcore" at E3 with its Kinect announcements.

[/quote] http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-13-kinect-ms-to-serve-hardcore-at-e3

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

well there are tons of people that dont even play video games still bought an xbox because of kinect, they have to still cater to them eventually.there really wasnt too many games for kinect as of yet imo.

Yeah but to call recycled Wii shovelware and web cam games from the 90s "to serve the hardcore" you are very out of touch with gaming.  I don't even see how you can play anything other than a very basic web cam game with that thing, let alone something "hardcore".  

well when you say recycled games do you mean like remakes?

I'm interested to see what those hardcore games are.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

WiiSports clones mini-games plus web cam games from the 90s recycled.  Basically they are recycling the same ole basic games which to me are not even games.  

If Rafting is a hardcore game, I think my definition is clearly different than MS's.

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

I'm interested to see what those hardcore games are.

[/quote]

You won't, that is the joke.   They are saying they are Kinect games, they are not saying they are hardcore game with Kinect support if you wanted the option.

Nobody in their right mind is going to spend $15-30 million Kinect only hardcore game.   Which from what I can tell is really not even possible.

I think it's going to be funny to see.  

So long as the games are made well - and the control scheme works, I don't see why you couldn't have 'hardcore' games on kinect.

I don't think they're talking about Kinectimals 2 , most likely Gears of War Exile, Alan Wake 2 and stuff like that.

LittleHell, there is no way that they can make controls that would work with any of those games.  They are not talking about Gears.  They would have to build Gears on rails and point you in which direction you would have to fire.  And how do you fire and point, it would be very slow and inaccurate.  

That is the reason you haven't seen patches to existing games, you are limited by physics.  You are limited just like the web cam games were from the 90s.  

[quote user="EuroGamer"]

One source told us these games "won't be obvious". Another source said Microsoft is expected to "serve the hardcore" at E3 with its Kinect announcements.

[/quote]"One Source", "another source".  I'm sorry, but this is the way trashy gossip shows like TZM spread unfounded rumours as fact.  I take the "anonymous source" angle with absolutely no credibility.  At least when most websites posts a rumours, they state it as such.  Not as a fact because of some mysteries "source".

There is no way to determine if the source had actually said there are going to be "Kinect games that will serve the hardcore.", or if Eurogamer completely made that up.  If there was a source, they won't identify themselves because of non-disclosure agreement.   If there wasn't, we'd never know.

Have you seen previews for the game Gunstringer???

It's a platform/shooter made by the same people who did Comic Jumper + splosion man.

The hands-on previews I've read says it works fine, and you can run, jump, aim and shoot in that game - just using your hands.

I'd assume GoW Exile would be onrails - but then I thought Rise of Nightmares would be to, but apparently it's free-roaming - I'm not sure how it works, but we'll see at E3 I guess.

Using kinect alone would work better with some genres then others, but using it as a hybrid could be something special.

Imagine in Halo 4 - you could shout orders to NPC's and they understand you, hide behind cover and lean your body to the sides to peek out, have head tracking, hand signals, melee, grenade throwing ......... on top of everything Halo 3 had, it could be great.