MP Question: Are classes linked to species or can you mix and match?

Question in the title.  Not sure if they've mentioned it in any videos or articles.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They mentioned that you first choose a race and then it will give you different classes available to that race. So if you choose Asari, I think you can choose Biotic or Vanguard.

A human, drell or asari it is for me. I MUST have a class that has BIOTIC CHARGE.

Drell or Asari then. I am probably going to play as an Asari. I like their race the best, and Stasis could be VERY useful in a Horde Mode.

I'd say you would probably have access to a few more classes in MP, but I'm not certain. It would tire out very quickly otherwise.

I think you unlock races and classes as you progress. Not sure though, because they never really talk about it. They show it, but don't talk about it.

Spoiler alert if you choose to check the link but, If this IGN article/wiki is accurate, than it looks like not every species has access to every class. For example Turian is not listed under the Vanguard class.

I wonder why this wasn't revealed in an action packed trailer.... Bioware is slipping.

[quote user="implantedwall14"]

Drell or Asari then. I am probably going to play as an Asari. I like their race the best, and Stasis could be VERY useful in a Horde Mode.

[/quote]
I wonder if Stasis behaves similar to  ME2's, where regardless of biotic barrier or shields, it would encase them and when the stasis wears out, the target drops, giving you value time to hack away at their defenses while the "getting up" animation takes place.

Asari fan here as well. 

I am hoping it will stop them regardless of defenses. I am thinking that they will not fall down though because Stasis would be extremely over powered then. I think it would be really useful for freezing "Boss Enemies" like Heavy Mechs or whatever while everyone takes out lesser enemies.

Do you remember the "boss fight" against the Asari Spectre, Vasir? Whenever you used stasis on her, even if she had barrier and armor, she'd drop to the floor whenever the stasis field would wear out. Absolutely overpowered lol.