Moving to a new country

Hi all,

I realise this may be something already answered but, after checking for about 30 minutes on these forums, I couldn't find any identical situations which could give me an answer - my apologies if this has already been covered though!

Last week, my UK bought xbox360 (1st released version) finally died on me.  However, because I was already in the process of moving to Japan due to work, I didn't really care that much.  I bought a new Japanese xbox360 yesterday and, luckily, all my non-Electronic Arts games work fine.

However, I have 3 questions in relation to my situation:

1) Why don't EA games work on my Japanese xbox360 (I brought 23 games over with me and only the 3 EA games are refusing to play)?  Is there a patch or way to make them work?  I am not fluent in Japanese and don't really fancy forking out again for games that I have already purchased.

2) If I buy downloadable content (eg: gears of war 2 map packs), will I have problems?  I am on a Japanese xbox360 which is tied to the Japanese xbox live marketplace.  I have a UK version GOW2 and am not sure if the extra maps will work or not.  I did NOT buy them before leaving England so I can't just try re-downloading unfortunately.

3) Will a UK points card work here in Japan?  Not a huge issue as I only have 60 MSpoints right now but I have no idea where I can buy them from as the 4 games stores I entered had no idea what I was talking about (I don't yet have a Japanese credit card so I can't buy direct from Amazon or MS).

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given!

Chris

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Might be worth adding:  I signed up with a new account when I went through the initial setup process (couldn't work out how to log in using the "El Hutcho" account that I am currently posting with

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Anyone?

Sorry this didn't help.

1) I'm not sure about that myself.

2) If you're using an account with a different region than Japan, then you can run into issues if you try to download region locked content. If you're using a Japanese account, then you shouldn't have any problems.

3) Points cards are region locked. If you're still using a UK account, then you would need to purchase UK points. If you're using a Japanese account, you'd need to purchase points from Japan.

Sorry this didn't help.