Movies freeze on blu-ray

I was watching Star Wars: Attack of the Clones blu-ray tonight and at around the 63 minute portion of the movie, the movie froze. I was not able to fast forward, skip, rewind or anything related to the app unless I closed the blu-ray app from the home screen. I pulled the disc out and while it looked clean, I went ahead and cleaned it anyway, but the issue came back at the same exact time of the movie. I saw in an older post from over a year ago (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4274/t/1821570.aspx) that suggested to uninstall the blu-ray app, power cycle the system, unplug all cables for a few minutes (I did it for 25 to be safe), then turn on the system and reinstall the blu-ray app, but that didn't seem to help either. I decided to try watching the movie on my Playstation 3 and was able to get well past the point of the movie freezing like it did on the Xbox One.

What else can be suggested to resolve this so I can watch the movie on my Xbox One without issue?

Console OS Version is 6.2.13332.0 (xb_rel_1508.150903-2141) fre

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

hi please check u have a good internet connection on your Xbox one, clear the system cache and restart it again, also does all your other apps work?  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How would I clear out the cache on the Xbox One?

Sorry this didn't help.

The cache is "Persistent Storage" under Disc and Bluray settings. I've been having bluray issues CONSTANTLY since day one launch. I cant even remeber if Ive ever NOT had a bluray freeze, drop frames, hang or distort while playing bluray discs, both 2D or 3D, both with HDMI passthrough my AV system and direct connection to my TV.  Games, DVDs and all other video apps work just fine. I even had my console replaced in the end, didn't solve anything. I suspect the issue lies with the OS and app itself. If I didn't have a PS4 to play them (where every disc played perfectly) I'd be far more mad.  The xbox with the TV passthrough is pretty much my primary box. To need top switch consoles for JUST blurays is disappointing.

Sorry this didn't help.