Moved country however I have a few problems downloading content

I moved from Japan and back to  the uk just about 2 months ago, i decided i wanted to start anew with a new gamertag (Created in the UK on an xbox bought from the UK) it was going fine untill yesterday when i felt like playing steins;gate again. having enough points to purchase the dlc i signed into my japanese account on my japanese xbox and went to download the dlc for the game. I was greeted with a content not avalibe in your region error message.Got a little angry yet wondered what would happen if downloaded dlc from my american account. Switching to my USA xbox i went to the marketplace and downloaded jack pack 4 for you don't know juack just fine... why can't i download paid content on my japanese account and console? Surely if the account region matches the consoles region then it'd be fine but no. I was asking a few people who told me they had to use a VPN to download content from the japanese marketplace (even down to the fact that predious dlc i had downloaded but deleted gave me this error) but have said it is astronomically slow . I'm pretty outraged as i've been blocked out of some my content which i purchased. Is there a way around this?

don't know if this helps but.

Account region: Japan
Physical region: United Kingdom
Internet Service Provider (ISP): BT
Content you are trying to download: Dlc from my japanese account, more precisely: STEINS;GATE 演出強化パック 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I guess i'll have to stick to using a vpn to get content from japan and asia and to download my old dlc's and games from my japanese account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The console's region has nothing to do with being able to download the content. If the account region and the phyical location don't match then it causes these issues if you try to download something that is region locked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.