Mount Anthor word wall

I have a misc quest to find the source of power at Mt Anthor. When I go to the wall it tells me it's ice form statue but it doesn't unlock the word. I have the first word from Saarthal but can't seem to unlock the rest. I reverted to an older save and tried going to the cave that offers the third word and agin it said ice form statue but again it didn't unlock the word. I even went back through the cave at Saarthal and when I got to the wall it was glowing but no chanting and nothing happened. Any idea what to do or is this shout just going to be glitched for me? Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Strange, I had no trouble with it so I have no clue. It's one of the ones I have completely unlocked. The wiki says some wals just glitch so I would suggest checking the wiki for Mt. Anthor to see if it has any mention of a bug or how to fix it. Mt. Anthor is a Dragon Lair and they will respawn dragons so may if you give it a month and check back the next dragon will give you the word wall (though the dragon likely won't burn up or give you a soul).

I take it you have either killed the mages or the dragon, as the wall will not be live until you do.

I have both killed the dragon first and walked up to the wall before the dragon attacks and have had the same result

Re-load, and do it again. If you don't hear the music after you've killed the drgaon it will be a glitch. Last night, I had an awful time loading my disc from a last saved both through continue, and load section. I had to go back several spaces and re-do it all again. You know there are BUGS in this game part of the processes.

[quote user="Cobrachs"]I have a misc quest to find the source of power at Mt Anthor. When I go to the wall it tells me it's ice form statue but it doesn't unlock the word. I have the first word from Saarthal but can't seem to unlock the rest. I reverted to an older save and tried going to the cave that offers the third word and agin it said ice form statue but again it didn't unlock the word. I even went back through the cave at Saarthal and when I got to the wall it was glowing but no chanting and nothing happened. Any idea what to do or is this shout just going to be glitched for me? Thanks

[/quote]I just reread what you actually said and a question arises. You said that you killed the dragon at Mt Anthor and the word wall said it was ice Form. The word glows on the wall in "dragon" until it releases. You don't see what the word actually is until it has been learned so I have to ask. Did you learn the word from the wall and it won't unlock in your Shouts menu? Because that has nothing to do with the wall. Do you have enough souls to unlock the word? BTW, I got a word last night from Forelhorst by scaling the ruin to get to it without having to go inside. The word glowed for an unusually long time before finally releasing but there was no chanting and no music except the bit of music when it released.

I have reloaded it several times. Yes it wont show up in my magic menu. It shows on screen when I approach the wall but when I look at my shouts in the magic menu it only shows the first word of the shout which was learned in saarthal. I have plenty of souls too. I may just have to accept its not going to work. Thanks