Motion Sensor Deployments

I am really surprised that I haven't seen a topic discussing motion sensor deployments.  I am curious what other players think of them.  I will admit that I have used them in the past especially to gain hacker pro and combat SRS killstreaks.  In my humble opinion, i believe it makes it extremely easy to get kills and inflate K/D ratios for those players who are overly concerned with these numbers.  When I see players with K/D ratios over lets say 2.00, the first think I do is check there "weapons usage" to see how many motion sensor deployments they have.  For an example, the other day a player had a K/D ratio of 2.67 and over 8600 deployments (In like 15 plus days)!  Does this make that player vastly overrated...I believe it does.  Opinions?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, It depends on how you use it. Like for example,  I'm always playing 'Search and Destroy', and I play tactically and enjoy the crap out of it.  Its like the 23rd day and I hit 15th at the 13th day mark.

On Topic: I dont like choosing one bomb site to defend, (By Defend I mean cover the area and keep a sight line on the Target site at all times.) but one thing I hate is when I run from 'A' to 'B' I have to go back to 'A' because of the plant. I learned to use a motion sensor on my fastest Ghost/Ninja/Warlord class and cover both at the same time.

::NOTE:: I am a team player, IF I catch an enemy on my Motion sensor, I almost always alert the teammate closest to the site, the only time I don't is when  Im the last guy left. :P

Initially, this was my Equipment choice. Then I would find myself abandoning the motion sensor to stay away from Hacker users. Eventually I began to love the Jammer. I can leave the jammer wherever and it still blocks the enemy radar, causing them to think someone is there, and it even screws up there claymores and other equipment. I will often leave the jammer in a high traffic area just to give the opposition and extra obstacle. The jammer also blocks the enemies comm line so they can't hear incoming killstreaks...

Kinda like I always loved the napalm, counter spy plane setup. I would call in napalm then quickly launch counterspy so they couldn't see exactly where the strike was landing.

Anyways, no motion sensor for me.

They are great for playing defense in objective based games.

I normally use them in any two story building/area that overlooks two objectives and I place them on the floor I'm not hanging around. The great thing about them is there is no range in terms of altitude.

Also, for the best results, wander around the perimeter and don't reside in it. Hacker/Ghost Pro users always assume that's where you are. Shoot 'em in the back while they're wasting off noob tube rounds thinking they're smart. Then do it again when they assume you're still where the kill cam showed you to be and come back.

If you are a camper - don't camp anywhere near it. That's good bait right there. Motion sensor, decoys, useless care packages... people get tunnel vision for that stuff. Especially in FFA.

High k/d means camping alot of the time.

That's what the notion sensor is good for and why those people you describe use them

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

Mine is like 2.62, and I would say motion sensor usage is easily under 100 or so...Only time I ever recall using them was out of curiosity, and when I was getting Hacker Pro (only got it twice in 14 prestiges).

I hate them to be honest...

[/quote]

Hey. I think I know who you are now. I dislike motion sensors for the same reason I don't like using rc cars. It's too time consuming. I like to just run and gun. I honestly think heartbeat sensors were way more problematic than motion sensors. Rarely do I see good people use motion sensors. They kind of suck and just hold you back. 

Mine is like 2.62, and I would say motion sensor usage is easily under 100 or so...Only time I ever recall using them was out of curiosity, and when I was getting Hacker Pro (only got it twice in 14 prestiges).

I hate them to be honest...

I've used motion sensors quite alot, i find that they're good if your team doesn't have a spy plane up.

One of the main areas i use the sensor is on radiation (the control room), someone is bound to go up in there at some stage through the match.

Also i use them if im getting quite a few enemies infront of me, then i place them to cover my back along with my team mates.

even that split second messes me up.  When I spawn I'm on the move.

[quote user="jahMoon"]

Doesn't work if your are trying to safely camp...ghost and hackers will kill you.  I get killed more trying to use the motion detector because I'm not paying attention to what is going on.  I tried to carry it with me so I didn't walk into a camper hiding in a corner.  But I like to move through a map quickly and it slowed me down messing with it I was getting killed in the back too much.  

I don't even like using a claymore because it's distracts me from want is going on.  I might get a kill from one, but I missed three kills right in front of me.

IMO-all the equipment stuff in pretty useless and distracts you from the action.

[/quote]

When using a claymore, just drop the thing without taking much care. If you use them enough, you get to know where to drop them quickly then just leave. I seldom camp near my claymores, since hackers will be looking for me there. Basically, just drop it and forget it. I probably get at least 3 or 4 kills per match with them.

Sometimes people complain because I put them places "where I'm not supposed to" like just out in the middle of an open area, that still gets a lot of traffic.

I dont care much for most of the equipement ............ but I love my claymores.

Doesn't work if your are trying to safely camp...ghost and hackers will kill you.  I get killed more trying to use the motion detector because I'm not paying attention to what is going on.  I tried to carry it with me so I didn't walk into a camper hiding in a corner.  But I like to move through a map quickly and it slowed me down messing with it I was getting killed in the back too much.  

I don't even like using a claymore because it's distracts me from want is going on.  I might get a kill from one, but I missed three kills right in front of me.

IMO-all the equipment stuff in pretty useless and distracts you from the action.