Most Disappointing AAA Title?

What recent AAA title would you consider the most disappointing? 

Personally, I would have to say Battlefield 3.  The game has been a mess since the official release.  Every other multiplayer team based game can manage to put you and your friends on the same team, but for some reason this is too complicated for DICE and Battlefield 3 to comprehend.  The sad thing is, even little XBLA and Indie games without the huge budgets and ability to recruit top notch programmers can pull this off.  Paying $60 just to join an open beta...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I just finished Arkham City...and I am going with that. The game was decent enough and then the ending happened. Probably one of the worst endings in gaming history. I just don't even know if I can say I remotely enjoyed the game now after experiencing that ending...

EDIT: Personally I haven't experienced any issues with Battlefield. Not putting you and your friends on the team is a balancing thing. DICE was being smart there. You always end up on the same team with each other unless it results in the teams being unbalanced. Then your party will be split up till you're able to manually switch teams. It's a good thing.

@Dante--

No, that was not DICE being smart about anything.  I can be in a squad with one friend and we will get split up every single time.

Modern Warfare 3, I hated the ending.

I'm going to go with Black Ops and Halo: Reach equally but Battlefield 3 is up there too.

Black Ops was just awful in every respect, other than small improvements to areas (such as giving the person who downed a Final Stand player the kill, unless they were killed with a headshot).

Reach, well, I can't say anything good about it at all. Black Ops is downright awful but Reach is decent, aside from the fact that almost everything about it strikes me harder because of how it changed from H3. Absolutely disappointed in this one.

Battlefield 3 I personally am very disappointed in but it isn't nearly to the same level as it was with Black Ops or Reach.

Battlefield 3 for sure. I enjoyed the Campaign and Co-Op, but that MP just sucks now. Rage was another one that sucked.

BF3 and Reach were.... less than I expected. Mw3... no comment.

Battlefield 3 for me too.

The campaign was woefully inadequate.

The multi is a mess and every time I try to play my reload animations glitch, etc. And don't get me started on the inability to join a friend's squad. Not good enough in 2011/2012.

Resistance 2 on PS3. Felt let down after playing it.

Now I just wait for reviews and/or let the price lower.

isnt console version for BF3 the WORST.

^

Be that as it may, that doesn't exempt it from criticism. Yes, it might be better on PC. That doesn't mean that they can throw "It's better on PC" out whenever the console versions come under fire. If you'd like, you can reread the posts where people mention Battlefield 3 and put "on consoles" after they mention Battlefield. That way it'll all make sense.