Most cliché or most creative Xbox 360 achievement?

There seem to be a few achievements that seem to be standard for certain games.

I am talking about the "get 250 kills with an **** rifle" or "kill 3 enemies with one grenade".

Some developers however take effort to make creative achievements eventhough I can not really think of one right now.

What achievements do you think are the most cliché and which is the most creative you came upon?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The most creative achievements tend to be the most useless ones. Like stealing the turd from the toilet in Duke Nukem. Funny... but useless. Some of them get pretty crazy and creative, but unfortunately only doing it just to do it. I find the names of some of them achievements to be more clever. Often as a shout-out or a head nob to other franchises. But I guess one of the more cliche ones in that respect would be Portal references... In fact, one of the recent games in my top 5 has one (Minecraft, "The Lie").

Most Cliche achievement ever. "Started a new campaign" Lol.

^^ Yea, basically anything that equates to "Inset game into tray, Start Game."

Finish the campaign on the hardest difficulty is pretty common (and I hate those because I'll never be good enough to get them!)

-

Most creative?  I lol'd at the "Press Start to Play" achievement in the Simpsons Game

^

Pretty sure Achievements like that only exist to prevent you deleting **** games from your history.

I think Shadowrun's Catch the Fever achievement was pretty Unique and fun when it first came back out, I am not sure if any other games had viral achievements at that time. I know GRAW added one with DLC but I cannot recall if it was before or after Shadowrun's. And Shadowrun's didn't require you to just kill the person with the viral achievement.

Bioshock's "Irony" and Bioshock 2's "9-Irony" xD

Hillarious..

As for 'Cliche' - Probally the most common is "Beat the game on "X" difficulty"

Creative:  Gnome Chompski.  Left4Dead2.  It was interesting carrying that lil gnome around the whole map and 3 of my buddies all trying to guard me while holding a freaking garden gnome. lol

-

Cliche:  Beat game on "X" difficulty.  Or.... collect 420 flags in the Assassin's Creed game world.

[quote user="Eggnogga"]

Creative:  Gnome Chompski.  Left4Dead2.  It was interesting carrying that lil gnome around the whole map and 3 of my buddies all trying to guard me while holding a freaking garden gnome. lol

-

Cliche:  Beat game on "X" difficulty.  Or.... collect 420 flags in the Assassin's Creed game world.

[/quote]

I kid you not, I was literally coming in here to say that. I loved carrying that Gnome around and beating the infected and special infected to death with it. 

^ I agree with you guys. That achievement for Left 4 Dead and the Little Rocket Man achievement for The Orange Box are probably two of my favorite achievements. Valve tends to create the most unique and most fun achievements in my opinion