Mortar execution in campaign

Can anyone recommend a specific Act & Chapter that the mortar is available to use and I can then attempt to get the exectution with it?

It's the only execution I need to get for the achievement.

Thanks for your assistance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Second to last chapter. You come to a point (before getting on the elevator) where you have to fight guys with torque bows and  there is a mortar behind a desk.

Also possible in the chapter where you need to be stealthy, and not let the guys blow the horns. Let em blow the horns, it will give you more guys to try it on. The mortar is before you go thru the gate.

All of the executions in which you have a heavy weapon seem like they will be difficult.

Its tough"er" by yourself. Just have a friend lancer down the guy as you're walking over to them. Do it on casual and  it wont be as easy for you to go down. All the heavy weapon executions are pretty boring tho, all the same...

Second Chapter in first Act when I was Cole and running on the bridge.  After I ran to the end of the bridge where the Locust mortaring me, I killed all but one.  I downed the last guy, picked up the mortar and executed him.

Start up a private game of KotH and set the weapons to whatever ones you want and go to town.

Thanks to all who replied, I will give each suggestion a try until I get it.

Lord Dirt- I don't believe the execution will count in a private game, as you have to unlock that execution by getting 20 kills with mortar in multiplayer first, of which I don't yet have.

i just had a friend load up 2-3, where they blow the horns. in that tiny little area, i was able to get the executions for the digger, one-shot, mortar and the cleaver. if you down an enemy, you have to go pick up the heavy weapons and walk over to them. the AI almost always executes your down before you have time. so as it was said here, put it on casual and walk out near the locusts and have a friend lacner or hammerburst them down and be ready to hit Y. it's hard for you to go down on casual and also your partner is shooting them / distracting them so that's the way to do it.

[quote user="Chucker71"]

Thanks to all who replied, I will give each suggestion a try until I get it.

Lord Dirt- I don't believe the execution will count in a private game, as you have to unlock that execution by getting 20 kills with mortar in multiplayer first, of which I don't yet have.

[/quote]

KotH is a MP game mode. I know it works as many people have done it this way.