More speculations on Halo 4

* The Precursors created the Flood

* The Didact HATES Humanity cause back in the Human-Forerunner war, humanity killed all his children.

* Humanity effectively wiped out the Forerunners in the Human-Forerunner war, by destroying all of the Forerunner data on the flood, including the cure. Probably another reason why the Didact hates humanity.

* However, the Didact regretted annihilating pre-historic humanity, cause he didn't realise that the Flood was the reason behind humanities aggression during the human-flood war (pre-historic, before the mass firing of the Halo arrays)

* Didact is DEFINITELY in the game (which you all know of) cause of his glyph etc.

-

That's all for now, I may add more later.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Are you sure about the Humanity effectively wiped out the Forunners in the Pre-History Human-Forerunner War?

According to Halo Wikepedia.. the Humans got their %$#es handed to them... infact so bad did they lose that they were pounded back into the Stone AGe... Literally...

halo.wikia.com/.../Human-Forerunner_war

343i is going to have to do some pretty impressive story telling to

A- get everyone up to speed on the current storyline

B- Telling this new story of who and what the Didact is and why he's so pissed.

[quote user="LORD TSARKON"]

Are you sure about the Humanity effectively wiped out the Forunners in the Pre-History Human-Forerunner War?

According to Halo Wikepedia.. the Humans got their %$#es handed to them... infact so bad did they lose that they were pounded back into the Stone AGe... Literally...

halo.wikia.com/.../Human-Forerunner_war

[/quote]

i think he's talking about the fact that the humans had extensive knowledge about, and a cure for, the flood and when they were defeated by the forerunners the humans basically wiped all that knowledge as a final *** you to the forerunners. the humans lost the human/forerunner war because they won the human/flood war...while fighting the forerunners. ancient humans were *** badass. 

-

i'm just finishing up cryptum and about to move onto primordium, but the didact seems like a pretty cool dude and kinda regrets everything that happened in the human/forerunner war and subsequent devolving humanity and the building of the halos, why are they apparently making him a villain in halo 4?

No, what I'm saying is that during the battle for the human capital, they killed all of the Didacts children.

but he doesn't "hate" humanity, he was just the greatest forerunner hero in the war, humanities biggest enemy. he didn't care for or like humans, but neither did he hate them and want wipe them out of existence, if he did he probably would've gone along with the halo plan. his children were warriors and he knew he most likely was sending them all off to die.

He opposed the Halo arrays, he was supportive of preserving his race.

He opposed them at first. But when they started to lose the Forerunner/Flood war, he supported the activation of the array as he knew it was the only way to stop the Flood. If he hated humanity, he probably would've argued against and/or sabotaged that part of the reseeding where the human species was preserved and sent back to Earth after the activation of Halo.

~

@Bootstrap, I've only read like 1 chapter in Cryptum, but which Didact are you talking about? Are you talking about the one before Bornstellar or are you talking about him?

@zehq; he was a true believer in the mantle, that all life was worth saving and balance in everything.

-

-

@noble; they're basically one in the same. in primordium born/didact says he was only bornstellar in his dreams, so i assume his actions in primordium are as the didact. i can't wait for the next book to maybe end the saga and see what happens to the didact that makes him so angry, according to guilty spark in the halo ce terminals.

Hmm.. I thought the Didact was killed but gave his personality/memories and such to Bornstellar so that he would literally live on after being killed. After that happened, the Didact basically lived through Bornstellar and thus Bornstellar became the Didact. It's all really confusing haha

yeah, the original didact *probably* died on san'shyuum and his imprint took over bornstellar.