More People Use Xbox Live For Entertainment Than Gaming.

Xbox Live is now used more for watching television shows and movies online than playing games.

"What we're seeing is that people are turning on the Xbox to play games and then keeping it on afterwards to get other types of entertainment," Yusuf Mehdi, head of Xbox marketing, told the Los Angeles Times.

Just over half the amount of time spent online through Xbox 360 is spent on entertainment. Households spend an average of 84 hours a month on Xbox Live total, a 30 percent increase from last year.

Microsoft today launched Comcast XFINITY TV, HBO GO and MLB.TV through its Xbox Live service.

Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/03/xbox-more-entertainment-gaming-hbo-go-comcast-xfinity-mlb.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not I.

HBO GO is awesome.

I mostly play games, but i am happy that there are other options besides playing games. If i am bored of playing video games and i just want to watch a movie or a tv show, well i have netflix or hbo go for that. If i want to just listen to music, i have vevo or iheartradio for that.

I find that hard to believe. Then again, I'm in Canada and we're just catching up to the US in terms of other XBL content like movies and such.

I do use Zune, Netflix, Youtube, and sometimes other apps to watch videos in between game play sessions.

I could see a future with just the Xbox being the only entertainment device I need.

I only use mine for gaming.

Exactly what MS wants, an all in one entertainment system. They gunna be bankin' even more now...

I honestly almost never turn my 360 on for games anymore. I might pick up Witcher 2 in the future though for another playthrough and the achievements (Projekt deserves the money... I'll gladly buy it twice). Then I guess there's Halo 4 this year. 360 is severly lacking exclusives. Anything that's multiplatform that's worth buying is on PC and the choice is pretty clear of which one I'm going to pick.

Like I've been saying for a while now... The 360 isn't a game console anymore. MS hasn't been focusing on games for a long time, and they've succeeded at turning the 360 into a low end PC/cable box/smart phone wannabe  It just gets more & more comical the longer it goes on.

I turn on my 360, look around the dashboard for anything (game related) of my interest like deals or new games and then jump into a game to play. Once Im done playing I turn it off.

Thats it, I never go into the other areas like music or video, I do that on my computer.

These news are just sad, because it shows the lack of importance games have for MS these days.