More Important...Good Scope or Good Gun?

I'm still trying to get the feel for this game.  I really enjoy it.  I'm currently at level 17 and slowly figuring it out.  I'm trying to understand which gun I'm most comfortable with.  I was curious, can you take a mediocre gun and make it great with good scope?  I realize it's a lot of personal preference and situational, but just wondering if you had to  pick between having a good scope/ bad gun or bad scope/good gun which would you prefer (no iron sights allowed). 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you don't use the infrared scope, you will not enjoy this game very much.  It's not very fair when someone can sit in the mountains and see a giant orange blob running around and spot you for the rest of his team while you have to hope you can see the tip of his head 250 yards away through your iron sights.  And don't worry about him shooting and him showing up on your mini map, he's using a suppressor so you are screwed.

[quote user="IamJacksColon99"]

I'm still trying to get the feel for this game.  I really enjoy it.  I'm currently at level 17 and slowly figuring it out.  I'm trying to understand which gun I'm most comfortable with.  I was curious, can you take a mediocre gun and make it great with good scope?  I realize it's a lot of personal preference and situational, but just wondering if you had to  pick between having a good scope/ bad gun or bad scope/good gun which would you prefer (no iron sights allowed). 

[/quote]

IMO medium range weapons with hig rate of fire plau a holo scope are the way to go.   In a gunfight whoever puts the most rounds in wins.   the G36 is my favorite right now.  I use the Shotgun for close combat stuff.  I 

Don't listen to Armani, he wasn't breastfed enough as a child so all he does is whine.

On-topic: I normally use a red dot or Holo, if I'm not using irons.

I'd choose a bad scope with a good gun, personally. You can unlock a better scope soon after, anyway if it's a good gun for you. Just be sure it's a gun you want to use, and not one you feel forced to use. IRNV is okay, but there are better scopes to use.

My personal favorite is the ACOG 4x, it offers a good sight picture for those mid-longer ranges, but isn't too powerful to make it impossible to aim at people 10m in front of you. I'll throw this scope on any of my weapons.
As for what weapon you use-since there's not a damage meter for these weapons- I like to stick to higher calibers except the m16 series, I find all those to pack a decent punch.
I also like to switch it up awhile for CQB and use weapons with high rate of fire.

Good gun. Iron sights or RDS only for me, i pretty much exclusively play with the UMP and i use it for all ranges i'm mainly in with the close combat but i still get kills from awhile away with just what i've got, i do think it's about finding the right gun for you, every gun feels different for everyone usually.

....Scope is a good mouthwash

[quote user="xBonnyx"]Good gun. Iron sights or RDS only for me, i pretty much exclusively play with the UMP and i use it for all ranges i'm mainly in with the close combat but i still get kills from awhile away with just what i've got, i do think it's about finding the right gun for you, every gun feels different for everyone usually.[/quote]Yep,Everyone has there own pref.I loved the UMP in the Beta but not as much now,I took a liking to the Scar H,Then i liked the G36 but reverted back to the Scar,That is what i am most comfortable with now.I like RDS or Holo mainly although being honest i recently tried the IRNV and have been using that for a bit but it does'nt seem as quick at CQ,I def think a good gun with irons is better than a meh one with a scope.Ideally i like a good weapon with an RDS.

The third option, good gun and good sight. I don't really think there are any bad guns in BF3. I never got why IRNV was so popular with people, I didn't like it at all.

INFARED MY BUTT,  I never used it never will, ya dont need it. I use iron sights exclusive as it gives a faster target Inquisition . some crap guns have there use on diff maps,