MORE AMMO, FASTER RELOAD TIME, STRONGER MELEE.

Although this game Dead Space is cool, Isaac needs way more ammo to fire at a time and a faster relaod time. Creatures are tearing him apart while reloading and that sucks! I must have died 100x on chapter 13 before I found a way to get to the next chapter. I think the more upgraded the suit, the stronger the melee should be because Isaac gets weak during attacks, so why not the creatures too? His kenetic ability should be able to throw the more annoying creatures out of the way as they aproach him. I also think he should have one gun with unlimited ammo to buy some time. Stasis should have a time to recharge on It's own rather than locating one in a box..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I think it's fine the way it is actually. Makes it a definite challenge. I didn't have much trouble on any part of the game. It's survival so your suppose to be cautious with your ammo (make each shot count) use limbs from dead necros on other ones and keep your health good, never let it get too low. Hardcore was a great experience, loved it. How long have you had the game? Just curious. Oh an Force Gun can be your best friend if you keep getting yourself caught in bad situations with quite a few zombies, it'll definitely give you some breathing room.

Thats why there are upgrade benches.......

[quote user="GRG019"]

Although this game Dead Space is cool, Isaac needs way more ammo to fire at a time and a faster relaod time. Creatures are tearing him apart while reloading and that sucks! I must have died 100x on chapter 13 before I found a way to get to the next chapter. I think the more upgraded the suit, the stronger the melee should be because Isaac gets weak during attacks, so why not the creatures too? His kenetic ability should be able to throw the more annoying creatures out of the way as they aproach him. I also think he should have one gun with unlimited ammo to buy some time. Stasis should have a time to recharge on It's own rather than locating one in a box..

[/quote]No.  It's survival horror for a reason.  Anything more would change it into an action game, and that would be bad.  Case in point... the Resident Evil games.  They've evolved into something with too much Rambo action, and not enough suspense and "oh s***" moments.  You literally run through and shoot.  There's no terror or thinking anymore.  I really don't want to be one of those people that directly or indirectly says "get better", but the game isn't that difficult.  I beat it on Hardcore with relatively no problems.  As T said the Force Gun is your best friend.  That weapon alone allowed me to breeze through Impossible and Hardcore for DS1 and DS2, respectively.  If you upgrade that, it annihilates everything.  It's essentially a shotgun in which you don't even have to aim.  Plus the secondary function is for attacking things at a good distance from you, or simply in a concentrated blast.  Regarding using kinesis, I agree logic says you should be able to pick small enemies up and throw them.  Perhaps in DS3...  In the end I'm perfectly satisfied with using one Force Gun round to blow them into necro sauce.  Stasis does recharge on its own.  Am I not understanding you?  There's a meter on his back that shows how many times you can use stasis before it has to recharge or you have to use a stasis pack.  Certain suits give bonuses including faster stasis recharge time.  The packs you find in boxes just allow you to use them on the fly when the s*** goes down.  They're very handy for the bigger enemies of the games.  I always carry a couple extra for those parts, but otherwise let it recharge on its own.  However, in DS1 you had to find recharge packs or wall units.  Glad they changed this in DS2.

@GRG:  Oh I forgot to say every weapon can have its reload time upgraded to point where it's plenty fast.  Also, THERE IS a weapon with unlimited ammo.  You unlock this once you beat Hardcore.  You can also use it in Severed.  And... it's a one-hit-kills weapon.  PEW PEW BANG BANG mofos.

I love the gun you start with lol i have used it more then anything.

It's upgraded fully. I finally got the assault rifle and it's upgraded fully now too, those are my 2 favs.

Not a fan of the saw gun :P

[quote user="JennySparkles"]Not a fan of the saw gun :P[/quote]I've always hated that weapon too.

[quote user="Thookins"]

[quote user="JennySparkles"]Not a fan of the saw gun :P[/quote]I've always hated that weapon too.

[/quote] The ripper was amazing in the first game, but way to nerfed in the second. Nothing beats sawing off kneecaps :D