Moon Map is Frustrating

The developers of Moon made this zombie map the most difficult ever.  I do not see the point of having an Astronaut ruin the game by getting in your way constantly, making you lose your perk, preventing you from moving forward and causing you to get into more harm.  For instance, I had already died and was waiting for the new round to begin...the game does not allow a down player to spawn near the mystery box...instead I spawned near the space suits in an area of the map with sealed doors.  And guess what?  The Astronaut was in the same spot as my spawned character.  He captured me - without a suit - and threw me outside near the teleporter.  I did not have enough money to open a door and get a gun, so I rushed to buy the ak47 and I tried fighting my way to the door entrance of Moon to get a suit.  Well, zombies were coming out of that door with relentless zeal....so guess what, I died again.  Pointless.  Then the developers had to bring the creepy zombie crawlers from Kino that for all intensive purposes do not die easily.  These precious like creatures did not have to make a comeback here as well.  My zombie live friend and myself can't get pass round 11 - and we certainly have not experienced upgraded weapons.  We are both excellent players that have made have done well on WAW zombie maps but not here on The Moon. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sounds like you do not or have not figured out a good strategy for this map yet, and yes there are several that work well to get you to higher rounds.

Try to make it outside where mule-kick is as soon as possible and you should be good from there as long as you know how to run circles with zombies. If the astronaut comes at you, kill it.....it doesn't take that many headshots to kill him.

Good luck!

Moon is by far the most difficult, except for maybe shangri-la. That's intentional.

That is the point..... It spawns you near the space suit because you most likely need to get one.

That stupid space guy is frustrating, but George was worse.  Unfortunately, he's not going anywhere.  If you can make it to the bio dome, I find that in there is the best place to run circles.  I made it to round 22 on my own in there and I'm so-so at zombies.

[quote user="A Livid Penguin"]Moon is by far the most difficult[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Moon has the Bio-Dome and it's easy to get enough $$ to open this up by round 2-4. The Bio-Dome is the biggest open space on any Zombie map to-date and you don't even have to be that great at running circles in there to survive for many rounds.

[quote user="crunchy1X"]

[quote user="A Livid Penguin"]Moon is by far the most difficult[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Moon has the Bio-Dome and it's easy to get enough $$ to open this up by round 2-4. The Bio-Dome is the biggest open space on any Zombie map to-date and you don't even have to be that great at running circles in there to survive for many rounds.

[/quote]

True, but your weapons just go to crap more than any other zombie map I've played. If you don't do the easter egg it's really hard to get past round 30 or 40, where-as on ascension you can just keep making small circles. 

Plus there's the astronaut glitch where he starts moonwalking after you...

Like I said, I think the hardest one is probably shangri-la. Maybe call of the dead.

[quote user="A Livid Penguin"]Plus there's the astronaut glitch where he starts moonwalking after you...[/quote]

Oh!  Explain please.

[quote user="Machete160"]

[quote user="A Livid Penguin"]Plus there's the astronaut glitch where he starts moonwalking after you...[/quote]

Oh!  Explain please.

[/quote]

Usually if you throw a gersch in the biodome, the astronaut will do the animation that shows him getting sucked toward it. Except, when the gersch disappears, the astronaut is still going super fast backwards towards you. And if he reaches you, he'll still grab you and teleport you/take one of your perks. I call it that because it really does look like moonwalking...

I always seem to best on moon probably cause of the bio dome and the big circle I run constantly. Were as on other maps I do well to reach double figures

The developers have taken everything you're used to doing in previous zombie maps, and put something in to counter it.

Hence George & The Astronaut.  They both keep people from camping in one spot of the map.  No more camping like you did in Der Reise on the stairwell.

Most people rely on sound to hear Zombies sneaking up on them.  They fixed that by making it in space, and limiting the sound.

They made it tougher in certain areas because you can;t spam grenades because it will break the windows, and make it much more difficult to complete the overall objective.

They made it in space so the movement is a little harder because you're barely floating when there is zero gravity.