Moon EE Psi tunnel six digger doesn't come down

Me and my friends did the cryogenic slumber part achievement a few times in previous games. 

We came back and tried to go for the full easter egg this time but the Psi (spelling?) arm that digs into tunnel six never came down.  I thought we had some bad luck the first game but this happened two games in a row and we made it into the twenties both games waiting for it.  The other arms come down and I'd hack those and send them back and they'd come down again but never the one we needed to get the orb.

We all have the zombie achievements from the previous easter eggs so I don't think that's it.  I noticed while playing Richtofen (spelling??) that I had the golden rod at the bottom of the screen AND what looks like some kind of silver rope/conduit right next to it.  I thought it was some kind of power conduit that I needed to use to get Psi working but couldn't find anywhere to do it.

Have any of you experienced anything like this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I don't know what the wire is for but I have found it a few times. I know it is not for the digger for tunnel 6. Had you guys turned on the music? I heard in one game that if you activate the music the digger will not work. I have not confirmed this though.

We didn't intentionally turn on the music.  I think one of our guys died once and was resurrected so the music came on by itself.  But that was later in the rounds.  It's almost like the arm doesn't come down if everyone in my party has the cryogenic slumber party achievement but as soon as someone comes in that doesn't have it - it will work.  

Thanks Noxious for the thoughts.  Wish I knew what that wire was too.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the inconsistency of the excavators - but I don't really have this problem in the games I've played in. I usually keep a crawler at the end of round 4, turn the power and then open all the doors. I'll buy all the doors up to the hacker and the hack the rest (including tunnel 11). While someone's hacking the doors, someone needs to keep the crawler occupied and the others players can complete the 1st two steps of the Easter Egg (Samantha Says and hacking the lab buttons). At the end of all this, you should be starting round 5 with nothing else to do but wait until the tunnel 6 excavator drops. Using this method, I've had the excavator drop as early as round 5 and never later than round 14. Give it a try and let me know if you have any better luck!

Regarding the silver pipe - this piece needs to be placed in between the computer and the plates in the receiving area. This is a step in the second half of the easter egg (Big Bang Theory).

I'd be glad to help you guys with this achievement any time - just shoot me a F/R if you wanna play sometime!

Hey Crunchy - That's exactly how I usually do it.  We've never had a problem with that arm / blade coming down.  It's usually the first one down but then it just so happens that we decide to do the full EE and it won't come down.  Maybe it was just a glitch or something...

As far as the silver pipe - I thought you stuck the golden rod inbetween the plates.  Didn't realize it was this - thanks for the info.

The Golden Rod is put in between the plates. The silver pipe goes between the computer and the box the plates sit on top of.

Gotcha - thank you

the strategy that we use is this:

1-make at least 4000 points in no man's land (split between players or not)

2-once you have, teleport to moon.

3-person with least points opens first door to left leading to mpl.

4-next least opens mpl door.

5-most points opens door to tunnel 6.

6-most points opens power room door.

7-still round one, you should be in pyramid room.

8-camp here until excavator hits, if tunnel 6 is not breached by round 5, restart and repeat.

using this method we got excavator to hit tunnel 6 on round 3, and finished big bang on round 14.

good ruck!!

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

I don't know what the wire is for but I have found it a few times. I know it is not for the digger for tunnel 6. Had you guys turned on the music? I heard in one game that if you activate the music the digger will not work. I have not confirmed this though.

[/quote]

I can confirm that the music will not interfere with the easter egg. 

Ok good. I didn't think it would but you never know with zombies.