Money being taken from credit card, but nothing being added to my account.

My XBox Live expired a while back, and I have been trying to purchase Gold again. I constantly got error messages while it was loading and while I attempted to purchase a monthly subscription, so it was never added to my account. I finally got it to work with a different credit card, but I checked the other card's balance today, and it said that XBox Live had taken 19.98 (two months) and 12.49 (3 months @ 50% off) off of my card, but these items were never added to my membership. What do I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

since you are gold 2 things. first

recover your gamertag if it is silver

however goto https://billing.microsoft.com to make sure the transactions went thru on the account you are looking at

please check all your different accounts

also when you purchase and redeem multiple memberships it stacks ontop of your current membership and only show when they are used so as long as its in your billing.microsoft.com they are there but just haven't applied till your current membership is done the next purchase will apply and then the next after that but either way your expiray date should reflect time added

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The only reason it would take two months is if it could not take payment for two months. Looks to me as if the card was being declined several times due to invalidity.  This backed up the outstanding balance, which is why adding a new card cleared the balance.

You should not receive the two one-months that backed up as I imagine they're expired. The three month however, you should sign out and sign back in, or delete and recover your account to reflect the true status.

Sorry this didn't help.

After checking on your account, I only see one purchase for a discount on 3 months of LIVE time. It is possible that your payment method put a temporary hold on the funds associated with the failed transactions. If that is the case, you will need to contact your bank. If you have any further questions about your account, you can contact phone support for more in-depth billing information.

Sorry this didn't help.