mods

i want xbox to have mods like pc.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 29, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not going to happen, and it would undoubtably have repercussions on multiplayer games.

I meant on single player

I said the same thing. Maybe in game tools just for Elder Scrolls so it wouldnt affect other games. But they refuse to do it. So I suggest just getting the PC Skyrim and doing it there. XBox or PS will never go do it for us. Its against ToS and they say it's cheating.

I hae how pc gets everything

The PC crowd gets everything because they can change/add code, we can't. I think adding a limited creation kit would be possible on the 720, but I highly doubt we'll get it. If we did, they'd have to come in the form of game specific add-ons, otherwise things would get out of control in a hurry.

-

Nevertheless, it'd be damn sweet to live in Dragon Falls Manor while rocking Balthazar Armor next to your wife who's wearing Nocturnal's robes...

the main reason why PCs get to be able to do all this stuff is simply because they have more power to do so. even with some of the fastest PCs ive seen running on high, some mods will still slow the frame-rate down, so imagine what that would do on an xbox. simple weapon and clothing mods could easily be added, but texture, environment, and terrain mods would bring the xbox to a frame-rate of about 0.5 FPS.

[quote user="BlackHawkDrunk"]

The PC crowd gets everything because they can change/add code, we can't. I think adding a limited creation kit would be possible on the 720, but I highly doubt we'll get it. If we did, they'd have to come in the form of game specific add-ons, otherwise things would get out of control in a hurry.

-

Nevertheless, it'd be damn sweet to live in Dragon Falls Manor while rocking Balthazar Armor next to your wife who's wearing Nocturnal's robes...

[/quote] 

Ahhhhh I just had a vivid image of that........................................ yep I'm going hell.

If you want mods, play the PC version.  Allowing them on xbox (or PS for that matter) is just opening up Pandora's box.

"Allowing them on xbox (or PS for that matter) is just opening up Pandora's box".

Precisely.

Perhaps it could be possible for some. Such as the building mods, they could "approve" some that really don't add a lot of script to the game. I can't imagine the character mods ever coming to the consoles. I mean the buildings are there anyway and some of what I've seen are just differences for the same buildings that already exist. The consoles are limited and much slower but if the menu had a "replacement" for something that already was in game, it might work. After all, it is a single player game so it shouldn't matter whether we use the same look for our house in whiterun or a mod for the same house.