Modern Warfare 4?

Just heard Black ops 2 might be set in the future instead of the past. But if this is set in the future shouldnt it be call MW4 because MW3 was set in the not so distant future. While we know the characters wont be the same,  the general story will be, Russia Vs U.S. i know black ops  was made by Treyarch so this doesnt make sense to me. Sad to see this game may not be a  continuation of the orignal black ops since I loved the campaign.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

First, MODERN Warfare wouldnt be very MODERN if it was in the future then again we have 100+ year old guns (1887s) in a MODERN Warfare shooter.

-

Second, I dont think that even Activision themselves know what the installment after BO2 will be. Judging by the farce that IW has become, I doubt they will even be a studio after this November (hence the reason SledgeHammer was brought in to "help" IW). The people quitting over the past 2 years, lawsuits, broken promises, false advertising and actual lawsuits (not like the idle threats of years past) have exposed IW for the joke they are. Think about it. Treyarch doesnt have the constant public bleeding of employees leaving, nor do they have the hack/gliutch issues IW seems to ignore year after yr, Treyarch has no issues communicating with the community while 402 never answered anything other than personal questions about his family vacations or about Batman video games and even now that hes quit, we still have no1 who replies to anything other than "I LOVE UR GAME" posts on twitter.

-

Heck, even GHANDI on the COD forums who has done 402's job all yr has disappeared lately.

-

It seems IW has fallen into thier usual schedule of abandoning the game 6 months into its life. COD4 for example had  Overgrown and Creek glitches remain years after the game was released. MW2 saw the same with Fuel among others such as the promised OMA noob tube fix. Many times IW has given up on the community. Now it seems, is MW3's turn. we are seeing new hacks everyday, less and less patches unless a new map is released and LAG COMP is worse than Day1.

-

Im done with IW's games. It seems the time has come where Treyarch has taken the lead in terms of customer satisfaction, communication and quality games out of the box/day1.

ummm...I don't ahhhhh...what? Black ops 2 is just black ops 2. Infinity ward has legal rights to the modern warfare name, just like treyarch has legal rights for their zombie. The modern warfare series was a single trilogy following a set story, so idk what BLOPS 2 will be about.

Salem pretty much covered everything I was going to say..... but I'll add my 2 cents..

Black Ops main story took place from WWII all the way to almost modern times.. it spanned DECADES...

Now its probably going to be the same with Black Ops 2... it won't just be a modern game... it will have another decades long story..

as for MP... I agree.. it looks like they are MW4... which is bothersome... but I guess it could not be helped..

I wish they would put in WWII weapons (balanced.. not looking at a super Mp40 again) in addition to 1960s and Modern weapons...  I would like to see the weapon list go way up for Black Ops 2... in addition to equipment and even perks (looks like there are 2 versions of each perk.. and I"m not talking about PRo versions... basically you choose 1 version of 2 pro versions for each perk)

I am not going to plunk any more money into Activision games. I don't play single player and I don't care what time zone it is set in. Give me a half decent multi-player and I'll be happy.

Model 1887, will be 200 years old in 100 years time! Good logic! It's already 120 years old! /facepalm

The sequel to MW3 will already be in development for sure, they do only have 2 years to make it.

Wrong. MW was a trilogy. So there shouldn't be any more MW's.

As soon as the new MOH comes out, I'm jumping ship.

Speculation for BLOPS 2 is a jump to about 15 years into the future with the FPSRussia video that was posted recently with the quadcopter.    If Treyarch works on the whole lag compensation and makes a few tweaks on hit detection and some weapons and perks they could have finally made a perfect CoD game. Of course people will still **** and moan.  

After the debacle of MW3, I am done with Infinity Wards versions.  

More zombies for me. I hope.

If zombies does come back for this next game, I will definitely consider buying this game.  However, if it's a campaign, multiplayer, and another crap third option like Spec Ops, it won't even be a consideration for me.