Modern Warfare 3 URL Redirects to Battlefield 3 Site - quite amusing

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Been talked about before. Someone else owned the rights to the site and made it redirect. Funny, but nothing really unusual, like that article is stating. To answer the article's question, though; because Activision already has a MW3 site. Done and done. I do enjoy seeing the redirect, though. Pretty amusing, as you stated.

i also found this funny at first BUT then i read the awful embarrassing fanboy rant that went along with it about why call of duty is so bad blablabla and it reminded me how fanboyism even if you happen to agree is a sad sad thing lol

I read about this today on another site.  Gamers fighting back at the COD machine.

Fanboys :facepalm:

Apparently Activision has lodged a complaint with the domain names authority (or something like that) to try and take control of the URL by force.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

Apparently Activision has lodged a complaint with the domain names authority (or something like that) to try and take control of the URL by force.

[/quote]

yea http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/16/activision-complains-about-modernwarfare3-com-a-battlefield-3-f/