Modern Warfare 3: Hardened Edition Question ... HALP!!!

1 year Call of Duty: Elite membership (which gives you access to downloadable map packs). 

IGN says that's included. Does the comment "gives you access to downloadable map packs" means you get all the map packs free of charge? Does anyone know/can anyone elaborate? I don't want to throw out the other $40 for MW3 if I'm misunderstanding this.

Nevermind. Found out with a quick Google search: 

"The most important feature is access to all of that year's downloadable content. Not only will subscribers get access, they'll own the content so it doesn't disappear should the subscription come to an end. Given that four DLC releases over the course of a year would normally cost $60, this is immediately a good deal for any frequent DLC buyers."

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yep, this makes the hardened edition a definite buy for me, and probably most others as well

Yep, I am now leaning toward buying the hardened myself.  Wasn't even gonna get the game till next year either.

It's Activision's way of getting you to stay with Call of Duty. It's working for me. Even if the game SUCKS, at least I'll play it time-to-time if there's new content every month.

Yeah, I just got back from pre-ordering the Hardened edition, I just paid in full to get it over with.

Damn you Activision!!

I saw this message earlier:

In America, the Hardened Edition is $100, which is £61.

In England though, it's a ridiculously high £90, which is $145.

The Black Ops Hardened Edition was only £65. Why is this £90?

This is a reason why I will be getting the standard game

[quote user="Llew79"]

I saw this message earlier:

In America, the Hardened Edition is $100, which is £61.

In England though, it's a ridiculously high £90, which is $145.

The Black Ops Hardened Edition was only £65. Why is this £90?

This is a reason why I will be getting the standard game

[/quote]

probably because the MW3 hardened edition also contains the access to Elite and the DLC, therefore making it more expensive than black ops hardened.

Yeah well I just read that game in UK have knocked a 10er off the hardened edition making it 80 pound which I'm happy with