Modern Shooters vs World War II Shooters

Which one do you prefer. Please no "I don't play shooters", because onbviously this doesn't apply to you.

I would love to see more World War II come back, I think the modern era is becoming too stale.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, in terms of Call of Duty they are no different except for the fact that WaW had a lot of semi-auto and bolt action rifles.

Well yeah, but I would like to see more varied developers in the shooter genre to create one. Sure Call of Duty and Battlefield are both fun to play, but I would enjoy some fresh meat to sink my teeth into in terms of shooter game play.

What exactly are you looking for them [the devs] to do?  There's only so much innovation you can apply to a certain game type, before you exhaust all your options. Granted, you can vary the game play, but come what May, each and every shooter uses the same mechanics.  I think devs have taken this genre as far as they can, with the technology they are using, and you won't see any real variation until the next generation of consoles.  

All I would like is some new ideas. I'm sure if I was a developer and I wanted to add a new twist to shooters, I would just start a think tank for a day and I'm sure I would come up with a good one.

i'd like to see an all Vietnam shooter.

Give me WW2 everyday.

I like both... and sci-fi.

I love modern shooters and I am not a big fan of WW2 type. I'd much rather have every shooter be modern.

WW2 shooters were awesome. In terms of COD, I'll take WW2 any day. Now R6V or Battlefield, I don't know.

World War II.  I understand many gamers are burnt out on it, but believe it or not, the first WWII game for me was CoD:WaW.  Loved it, as I'm just more interested in the era.    For some reason, games set in present day just don't hold much "escape" value for me.