MODERATORS AND MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES, PLEASE READ.

I honestly don't care what you do to my account over this post, I intend to bring to light a serious problem with online gaming(which is considered somewhat taboo to mention to gaming companies). 

Why is little to nothing being done to combat the rising usage of controller and console mods that are used in live multiplayer matches?

Nine out of ten MW and MW2 games have at least one person using the rapid trigger mod or taking advantage of the network. 

There's also the shoot through all surfaces hack. 

Why isn't more attention being paid to the rising number of gamers that are desperately trying to bring this serious problem to the attention of major gaming companies?

Microsoft, don't you reserve the right to sue people who mod their consoles? Shouldn't that apply to the controller as well?

Seriously, get something done about this! 

After 2-3 years letting modding run rampant on a slew of games, it has become clear that the people who mod aren't stopping. 

Since the people won't be responsible, you're the last option when it comes to enforcing the EULA or whatever gaming rules you accept as law. 

Please.

On behalf of the honest and fair portion of the gaming community, 

danburyfall

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm not an Xbox employee or a mod but I suggest you take a look at the suspension forum here at Xbox.com.  http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx  You will see that action is being taken against modding on the Xbox system and Xbox LIVE.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It isn't up to MS to fix/patch the games to disallow the use of mods/cheats. That is the sole responsibility of the Game Developer. MS is doing their part by enforcing their Terms of Service and Code of Conduct, but with millions of customers there are going to be people who slip through the system. That is why MS has given us the tools to help them help us, namely the File a Complaint tool. When you encounter these delightful individuals be sure to take advantage of that tool so MS can take action on them.

Please not that enforcement action is not instant. As in real life crimes it takes time to investigate, gather evidence and take action. Some offenses are resolved quicker than others but they all get resolved.

For more information on how policy enforcement works on XBL please visit any of the following links below:

XBL Police (article)

PAX East 2010 (60 minute podcast)

Secrets of XBL Enforcement (article)

Vulcan Technology (8 minute video)

A Reading from the Book of Enforcement (12 minute video)

PAX East 2011 How XBL Policy Enforcement Works (8 minute video)

PAX East 2011 Conclusion

My Live Account was Suspended

If you want the cheats/mods to stop you need to take the issue up with the Game Developers. MS can only do so much from their end without the support of the rest of the gaming industry.

If you are the victim of a DDoS attack then you need to be sure to file a police report as they are illegal in many countries and carry a harsh sentence. In the US it is a ten year sentence. From there the police will work with your ISP and MS to locate and take action against the offender.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="danburyfall"]After 2-3 years letting modding run rampant on a slew of games, it has become clear that the people who mod aren't stopping. [/quote]

You should report the modders you see, of course, because the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team (XBL PET) is definitely banning them. (See the Suspension forum, as indicated.)

But here's another way of looking at what you said: "After 2-3 years of the developers of these games not fixing them to prevent these mods-- maybe because they're putting out a new, huge-selling flavor of it every year-- it has become clear that we can't count on the developers to help those who want to play fair." I'd suggest that players not reward the developers by buying the next version until it is shown to not be prone to such rampant cheating.

Sorry this didn't help.

i realy dont like this post as it is people like you that i will get RAGE on mw2 from , i have a realy good trigger finger , i get raged at all the time , people always say im not legit and report me , you cant get traced for using this and if there was a way then people who were playing a game legitimatley will get banned and why dont you do the normal thing , go buy a different game , also why should microsoft pick up the peices for other games its not there responsability for it but i do agree in saying that microsoft should sue the game companies for letting them continue this e;g mw2 no more infections now "finally" but on cod 4 and waw you can get banned for just sitting in a game with the modders  because they cannot be bothered to fix it anymore , but i have an easy solution , SWITCH OFF THE SERVERS

Sorry this didn't help.